Quantcast

Help! New to Seattle area

Originally posted by Just Joe
New to area. Like to ride DH/FR and occassional XC. Been to a few places, looking for more. Mostly looking for a crew to ride with. Any guides would appreciated. I was thinking of hitting the S. Seatac area on friday 5/21. Like to get rowdy.

Sounds like you will fit in well!..I am headed to Whistler but next week we can get some peeps and ride south sea tac?...

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
New to area. Like to ride DH/FR and occassional XC. Been to a few places, looking for more. Mostly looking for a crew to ride with. Any guides would appreciated. I was thinking of hitting the S. Seatac area on friday 5/21. Like to get rowdy.
If you go to South SeaTac in the afternoon or on a weekend you should see plenty of people there... just follow a group with "big-bikes" and you'll get to the fun DH/FR areas.

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
Originally posted by bibs
Its not the size of the bike its how you ride it!...hehe:D
maybe I would agree with you except for the fact that when I first moved here I took my little bike (stumpjumper fsr) to SST and broke my collarbone... Now I only ride the Coiler there (5" of travel is much better than 3.5").

I guess it probably was partly due to me being a crappy rider though... :D

Originally posted by oxygen_77
maybe I would agree with you except for the fact that when I first moved here I took my little bike (stumpjumper fsr) to SST and broke my collarbone... Now I only ride the Coiler there (5" of travel is much better than 3.5").

I guess it probably was partly due to me being a crappy rider though... :D

oh i wasnt implying that!!..I was just saying cuase you said "big bikes" and mines a medium :D hehehe

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
Originally posted by mplutodh1
nah you just say that cuz your "equipment" must be small
hahaha... my stumpjumper FSR was a "large" and my coiler is more of a medium... I guess it IS pretty strange that I refer to the FSR as the little bike and the coiler as the big bike...

ride a bike too much and your "equipment" will fall off... :D

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I may be available to ride down at S Seatac Friday afternoon. I'll post or PM later today.

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Beware of "just joe"

He has been know to frequent mini-malls and associate with people of ill repute. His turn on’s include J-Lo-esque cross dressers, rusty bullet holes, and Sara-B. Ride with caution.