Quantcast

HELP OUT A BROKEN RIDER: x-post from lounge

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Sorry for the cross post.

This is kind of spammy, but for a really good cause. Help out a broken rider. Please, if you are a member of other boards, consider reposting this information, or at least a link to this thread. It would be HUGELY appreciated!

Dan Morgan, an Oregon rider that also makes custom cruiser bicycles, was recently hurt quite badly. He broke his neck, fractured his skull, and is having some titanium put in his vertebrae. He is in bad shape, but still has a sweet haircut:

Here is the story: Dan makes amazing cruisers with his business partner, Richard Greenup. Dan and Richard donated one of their cruisers, which sell for over $2000 and are hand done from tip to tail, including the pinstriping, etc., to our local downhill/freeride association for a fundraiser we had in February. Well, shortly thereafter Dan broke himself, and being self employed he is low on insurance. He is basically breaking the bank to try to get fixed.

Here is the bike:

Here is where you come in. The bike Dan and Richard originally donated for the fundraiser is being auctioned off instead. And, instead of the money going to the trails like originally intended, the money is going right back to Dan for surgery, etc. Our local trail orgainization is auctioning off the bike on EBay.

So, I know this is spam, but help a brother out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7239064960#ebayphotohosting

I would but Im still paying off my injury from last year, its down to %g after teh hospital wrote off 38,000$ worth of it....good luck for him and best of wishes..and thse bikes are SICK! can he fit a motor in one for me?

I also have broken my neck before..I crushed c-4,5,6 and have a bit of Ti in me! Thats one put my Dad in the hospital with a heart attack(not really) but our insurance went bankrupt 3 days before it happened my pops is still paying that off...I have doctors..(kind of) :D

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
If i had any sort of money i would bid but im a poor 17 year old kid:( Well hopefully it raises lots of money for hm cause man those are sick!! O and a motor would be hecka cool bibs! Anyway best of luck!

missingLink

Chimp
Apr 14, 2006
if you can't get your reserve out of it, you should do a raffle with tickets at $20 each. I think we poor people with generous hearts could get behind that. Turner did something like that for Sven Martin.

hope he gets well soon.