Quantcast

Help: Outlaw Front Hub Issues.

Jun 21, 2007
Boston
Just got a new set of 150mm Outlaw wheels in the mail and I'm having some issues:

I get alot of drag in the front 20mm Hub. When it's mounted to the fork it will only get about 5-6 full revolutions when I spin it by hand. Plus I can actually hear the drag, sounds like metal scrapping on metal(it's most prominent in one section of each revolution). In comparison; my old Deetraks 20mm front was quiet and had very little resistance.

All I did to the front was remove the QR adapter (unscrewed one end and slid out the assembly). Then I put on the 20mm adapters (one on each end). There is alittle less resistance if I loosen up the front 20mm axle (it's on an 07 66rc2) but even so it's unacceptable.

Does anybody know what might be causing this?

And just to kick me while I'm down... the rear wheel came slightly out of true!

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
check and make sure the the 20mm inserts are not rubbing on the lip of the hub shell. That is most likely what is happening. pull the wheel off and then the adapters, look at the edge of them, and the back side of the adapter (the adapter is stepped as to prevent "loading" of the bearing when tightened down. And also check the lip of the hub shell, you should see some scarring where it is rubbing. Where you find the marks is where you want to sand down...just sand down the inserts not the hub (its easier to sand the inserts down) just take your time and dont take off too much material.

Hope that helps.