Quantcast

Help plan a world-class urban MTB park for the East Bay

Dan_ger

Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
East Bay
The Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay is planning a new skills
park for the San Francisco Bay Area -- with your help we can make it happen.

Want to get involved in the exploratory phase of this project?

Just complete our short survey -- we'll gather your input and (if you want to share it) your contact info so you can get involved: link

Dec 3, 2004
San Jose, CA
The link works fine. It's sick to see another bike park going up in the bay. Any word on the timeline they are hoping to get it done by or is it still a ways in the making?

Dan_ger

Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
East Bay
The link works fine. It's sick to see another bike park going up in the bay. Any word on the timeline they are hoping to get it done by or is it still a ways in the making?
At this point, the plan is to find a place and find a group of volunteers to help make it happen. BTCEB is a volunteer organization. Any new project requires more volunteers.

Nothing happens on its own. We want to see it. We know others want to see it happen. We hope to get enough volunteers to make it happen.

The first stage will be people of all ages that can come to a couple of meetings, help recognize the actions that need to be taken and take some of those actions.

If that sounds like something you're interested in, PM me your deets.

Dan_ger

Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
East Bay
Thanks for all of your replies! We are looking into the idea of trying to put one together based on your input.

I can't give away any specifics, because I have none yet but if you're interested in making a skills park in the East Bay a reality and are willing to make a couple of meetings, a couple of phone calls and a few emails then we welcome your help.

We will be meeting next at the Pyramid in Berkeley next week to discuss our options. PM me for more details about the meeting!