Quantcast

help please...i need to find a seatpost and dont know where to look

Mordax

Monkey
Sep 13, 2003
Redding, CA
I'm looking for a 21.8mm seatpost for my goofy ass commuter (someone jacked my other one...for some weird reason). none of my local shops seem to have one. are there anyone online parts marketplaces that I could look? or does anyone have one by chance? please help...my legs are getting tired from having to stand up all time

cheers

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Sitting here with the QBP book in hand..... 25.4 is the smallest post available through them. The Columbus spec book lists the smallest ID available in a frame tubeset. Everything else is made for chainstays and the like. Some childrens bikes have smaller seat tubes but those post are proprietary.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Man, you know you've got a funky seatpost diameter when Thomson doesn't even make one in that size... I just checked their size listings.

Not even BMX bikes come in that size... Are you sure it's 20.8?

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/seatpost_sizes.html

No listing there for anything 20.x. The smallest size is 21.15 for some BMX bikes.

edit: Andy beat me to the link ;)

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
Someone asks a legit bike question and you dillholes turn it into another lame wisecrack thread.
Since we're not helping, I think I just found another place to look. :D

J

JRB

My guess is, he wouldn't have asked if it was as common as a 28.0 or a 30.8. :think:

Mordax

Monkey
Sep 13, 2003
Redding, CA
well, it's freakin' small ill tell you that
20.8 is what some guy at the shop i took it to spouted at me...if it's wrong it's his fault ;-)

i think im gonna get it remeasured and hope its a 22.2
thanks for the help tho, ill let you know if i find anything

J

JRB

Mordax said:
well, it's freakin' small ill tell you that
20.8 is what some guy at the shop i took it to spouted at me...if it's wrong it's his fault ;-)

i think im gonna get it remeasured and hope its a 22.2
thanks for the help tho, ill let you know if i find anything
Do you have access to a digital caliper???

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Mordax said:
ok, i got it remeasured. It's 22mm even, so I need either a 22mm or like a 21.8mm. Anyone got one?
in my experience, anything smaller than the exact size you need is gonna slip unless you have a bigass seat collar that can clamp the heck out of the seattube. stick with a 22mm

Mordax

Monkey
Sep 13, 2003
Redding, CA
no, it's not 22.2, if it was it'd be easy to find since that's a somewhat common bmx size
i need a 22 even unfortunately...