Quantcast

Help save these bmx dirt jumps!

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
she really has her panties in a bunch over this. THAT I PROMISE YOU!! desecration is a hard choice of words. I imagine her to be in her late 40's early 50's and wears Patagonia and only shops at Whole Foods

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
^ I'm in my 40's and wear patagonia. :) (I'm not an a-hole though)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Vote in. Terry seems to have swallowed a thesaurus, and has no concept of the amount of work and time that these jumps and trails take to build, and has no clue of the meaning of the word clear cut...where was your righteous indignation when the trails were begun? $20 says she just moved to the area.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Been dealing with BS like this my entire life. People need to get a life instead of fretting about some mounds of dirt in the woods that could easily go back to nature in under five years if it actually mattered. Why doesn't that lunatic make some people pay for the massive parking lots and freeways?

Voted.

Last edited:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
my point exactly, 4130biker.

She travels the world in huge planes. how much vegetation is removed to make those runways/airports? not to mention the fuel for the planes.

Feel free to leave comments on her website... :)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hey pnj, I know that's just a poll in a newspaper but what's the deal with the town? Are they seriously considering leaving them up as part of the park?

That place looks sweet. Tell the impressionable children who are building them without knowledge of the true danger I said nice work :D

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Which is why you must KILL them!!

While simultaneously jet setting all over the planet at 0.2 miles per gallon of jet fuel in order to get dramatic instagram photos of you in pretty dresses all over the world.......and then pretending to be concerned about ecosystems that you don't even understand.
Jeez, you'd think she built some skinnies the way you're all worked up...

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
There are xc trails in this same section of woods. The jumps location was a 'freeride' area, years ago. so you know, crappy piles of dirt with logs sticking out.

The section of land was recently sold and there is a group (that doesn't ride bikes) that wants to see a jump park section in the woods.

I'm not sure what the city is thinking but there are clearly two distinct voices regarding the use of this section of woods. I think if enough people voice their opinion towards the 'yes' vote, the city will see there is a need for this type of trails.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I've walked through the dj's with my cousin who lives in Muk. He's shown me around the Gulch a few times. I'm glad the trails as a whole are finally getting recognition. The xc stuff is fun and the railroad graded climb is cake. As for the dj's, that one line is giant! Props to the builders and shredders.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There are xc trails in this same section of woods. The jumps location was a 'freeride' area, years ago. so you know, crappy piles of dirt with logs sticking out.

The section of land was recently sold and there is a group (that doesn't ride bikes) that wants to see a jump park section in the woods.

Whatever that group is wanting the park, may the force be with you. Especially if they're not even riders. That's awesome.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
She went from saying it was an environmental issue (until she got called out on her own interests) to it now being a liability issue.

How does liability work with skateparks, soccer fields, sidewalks, walking paths, etc?