Quantcast

Help to identify Hayes brake system

2tirefire

Chimp
Jun 1, 2009
Seems like my bike has all sorts of parts I am unclear on, this coming from my last post regarding what type of Rock Shox BoXXer I had. Well it seems as I have ran into another mystery part, that I would like some help identifying. Stock on my bike came with Hayes El Camino, but these look quite different that what they show in the service manual.

Can anyone tell me what model this is or if this is indeed the El Camino just from 2005 and the design slightly changed? If you need any numbers off the caliper that may help, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

2tirefire

Chimp
Jun 1, 2009
Great Gents!! Looks like the HFX series shares the same rebuild instructions also.

You guys F****** rock!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
MAG lever with G2 caliper.

There were low end MAGs with plastic master cylinder and the MAG HD which had the better alu internals. I believe the caliper was the same regardless. Def not HFX.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
MAG lever with G2 caliper.

There were low end MAGs with plastic master cylinder and the MAG HD which had the better alu internals. I believe the caliper was the same regardless. Def not HFX.
Didn't know about the different internals in the lever, but that is right- Mag with G2 caliper (the newer style caliper for those brakes).

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
HFX and Mag share the same caliper AFAIK...only difference is in the lever/master cylinder. And those look like Mags.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
HFX and Mag share the same caliper AFAIK...only difference is in the lever/master cylinder. And those look like Mags.
Yeah, the caliper is the same.

Looking again, I think y'all are right, they are mags. Which is good, the 9s f'ing suck.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
HAYES LUV!!! I fought the change, and I like my Codes and Juicy's and Louise' but it was neat to build up spare parts (stell need a ft wheel, grips, a seat and a chain) my old Bullit with my MAG HD/GoodRidge/GRC Levers.