Quantcast

Help w/cross bike

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
My cross frame doesn't have any barrel adjusters, and I was wondering if there is a product I could use to do the same thing? Or maybe I could thread the cable stops by hand for barrel adjusters? Anyone every done this?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
If you want to look legit, just use one for the front derailleur. It really bugs me when people put one in for the rear derailleur.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
If you want to look legit, just use one for the front derailleur. It really bugs me when people put one in for the rear derailleur.
:rofl:

I want them for the brakes more than anything

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
:rofl:

I want them for the brakes more than anything
Stop riding that thing in the grime!

Use having to adjust the brakes as an excuse for building a winter bike.

Fenders, downtube shifters, big tires, nothing to worry about. The solution to any problem is always a product!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Isn't that what a cross bike is for? :brow:
Cross bikes are for cross racing, and cross racing alone, IMO.

Winter road bikes are for winter roads, race bikes are for racing. Having a nice bike to ride on sunny Sundays in May is also acceptable. Sunny Sunday in May bikes should be British Racing Green, IMO.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.

Winter road bikes are for winter roads, race bikes are for racing. Having a nice bike to ride on sunny Sundays in May is also acceptable. Sunny Sunday in May bikes should be British Racing Green, IMO.
can i also have a just got laid bike too?

btw... brittish racing green rocks!!!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007

Us redneck folk in Oregon ride our cross bikes most of the time since we can ride pavement, gravel, and single track all in the same ride :biggrin:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Us redneck folk in Oregon ride our cross bikes most of the time since we can ride pavement, gravel, and single track all in the same ride :biggrin:
Sounds like something you'd use a road bike with fat tires for. If you can't ride it with 30c slicks, it's not ridable.