Quantcast

Help w/ integrated 1 1/8" headset, PLEASE

Chesley

Chimp
Mar 16, 2013
If anyone could please tell me the bearing spec for fully integrated 1 1/8" headset on a 2012 Azonic Dirt Dingo frame. Wheelworld guesses canecreek spec 36x45, Azonic is pretty confident campy spec 45x45. The canecreek site said they would get back to me within 24hr, its been 4 days. Please, please, please help.

Mar 17, 2013
Hello,

I am trying to find the same info (I think). I was going to call Wheelworld tomorrow and ask them what they recommend. I was thinking about calling Nashbar,price point,etc.. to see what they say, but you have spoke to the sources (except cane creek). Do you have any of the specs/ geometry info for this frame? I have pieced together some info from the threads. Any info that can be given will be greatly appreciated. If I find out anything further, I will post.
Thank you.

Chesley

Chimp
Mar 16, 2013
the guy who introduced this frame to Azonic to build has an old thread in the bmx/dirt jump forum, it has limited specs/ geo. 2012 frames differ from the ones they first built, with a 12" seat tube. If you plan on running a chain guide you will need ISCG, ISCG old, Iscg03, as those 3 titles describe the same sized product.(confused yet) As for the headset, I might just order a Demolition 45x45 campy spec from Dan's Comp, there great, order Mon. have on wed. regular ground shipping(free shipping w/ code) If it works great if not return type deal.

Chesley

Chimp
Mar 16, 2013
wheelworld, nashbar, chain reaction cycles, price point, mtbr, pinkbike, fixya, azonic, FSA all to no avail . I even e-mailed people selling ones they have built up, but no has replied.

Last edited:

Chesley

Chimp
Mar 16, 2013
Got a reply in a mbr forum, it stated cane creek spec. Looks as though Wheelworld was correct, and Azonic was wrong. how does this happen ,customer service leaves a little to be desired. The people on the phone were nice but really. luckily FSA makes quality headsets in canecreek spec because I won't spending money w/ Canecreek. (They never replied back from there headset finder page)

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
wow, very scary that azonic doesnt even know the own spec of their frames..

.. add another reason to my list to as why i dont like them..:rofl:

glad you got it sorted though!

Chesley

Chimp
Mar 16, 2013
Not sorted out, got a reply from same mtbr forum saying take the measurements, so unless I buy the tool from FSA, I'm back to e-mailing wheel world and Azonic. Really don't want to bing the frame to the LBS, having not bought it there, how embarrassing.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
Really don't want to bing the frame to the LBS, having not bought it there, how embarrassing.
how is that embarrassing? you could get your frame figured out, but choose not to because of 'embarrassment'? i could give two sh!ts about my LBS, bad custo service and just out to make money/move old parts... also, another suggestion is to go onto pink bike and search for your frame in the picture section and ask people what type of head set theyre running and then just figure it out from there..

not your LBS' fault that azonic dont have their stuff together and cant give you a concrete answer on something they made.:disgust1:

edit:
i googled it yesterday and couldnt find anything, so maybe that PB suggestion i had might work.. kinda bothersome that i couldnt figure it out myself, but ya know, google isnt god ;)

Last edited:

Chesley

Chimp
Mar 16, 2013
I actually found one on pinkbike and now its a waiting game. Hope the guy replies. I think its embarrassing simply because of the fact I did not buy from LBS, and want them to save the day. But, IF, I can find out what headset some one else is running ,I can avoid LBS altogether and the added expense. Maybe " embarrassed " is not the right word. Not in a big rush because I'm letting the new paint cure. Recieved the frame w/ chewed up seat stays where v-brake adapters were installed tightly, and I cut the interrupted cable stops to accept solid continues cable.painted frame, fork, cranks, and bars to match. So I got a little time to figure it out.

Chesley

Chimp
Mar 16, 2013
Blindboxx2334 had the right idea, pinkbike, picture section. A guy in Ohio built one up and runs a Cane Creek IS-3. The specs are 36 degrees/ 45 degrees w/ 30mm bearings. Thanks to blindboxx2334 @ ridemonkey and zx2cow @ pinkbike, you saved me from the LBS.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Would that be the cane creek is-3 regular, the is-3 tall or the is-3 italian? I was already bummed my chris king will not fit and getting a headset and seatpost for this thing has proven a pain in the backside.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Regular vs tall just refers to the top cap, nothing to do with bearing size.

From the above answers if yours is the same frame the regular will work.