Quantcast

Help with azonic outlaw hubs

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
So I am running the azonic outlaw hubs on my dj bike, and they are basically brand new. -5 months. Well today I got a little problem. The rear hub is acting like a free coaster. That'd be all well and good but, between sets I'll go to pedal and it will engage way late. Any advice on this?

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
sounds like you have some sticky pawls or springs... I'd take her apart and clean the grit and re-pack it with grease...
I haven't had this problem yet on my Outlaws, but I have heard of others having problems with the rear hub... maybe someone else will chime in with more in-depth experience on'em...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Every time I hear about how great Outlaws are, I think about these kinds of problems I have heard about them.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
All Good! I took the hub body off, and found that it had a thicker oil around the paws, hence the paws were sticking in. I just degreased the **** out of it and applied some thinner oil, working like new.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Yeah this is the first problem I've had, and its super minor. And now that they are basically brand new again, I love em. Light and strong and a loud hub. my likes.