Quantcast

help with bike selection

o2bwest

Chimp
Feb 7, 2008
Looking at getting my first full suspension bike. Found 2 on craigs list that look promising. a fisher joshua f2 and a specialized ground control comp. both are about the same price, and both seem to be in pretty good shape. My current bike is a fisher HKEK. I primarily ride single track. which bike would be a better fit? Which is the better Bike for the money? MTBR rates them both the same.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Looking at getting my first full suspension bike. Found 2 on craigs list that look promising. a fisher joshua f2 and a specialized ground control comp. both are about the same price, and both seem to be in pretty good shape. My current bike is a fisher HKEK. I primarily ride single track. which bike would be a better fit? Which is the better Bike for the money? MTBR rates them both the same.
‘fit’ and ‘sizing’ depend on the terrain you are riding and the style. ‘I’ have switched to FS for amost All riding but I have a NICE 853 steel hard tail that I can ride hard to not much longer than an hour (4-5 hours at a moderate tempo.) I perfer my RaxerX for almost all trail conditons at moderate to full pace.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Are both bikes local to you and are you able to test-ride them both? I would strongly suggest riding both so you can determine which one fits you best as comfort on your bike is extremely important. You might also want to check some local bike shops as they are likely to have some specials on leftovers and can help you choose the best bike for the trails that you are riding.