Quantcast

help with my 888

dh415

Chimp
Dec 6, 2006
novato
I have a 2007 888rc2x it doesn't feel right the rebound seems to slow and wont speed up and the fork doesn't use enough of its travel I just got it and dont really no the compresions either if any one has some advice let me know. I also weigh 145 and ride my bike really hard over some pretty nasty terrain if that helps.

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
I don't want to come across as disrespectful, but it might be helpful if you use some punctuation. It will help generate a lot more responses...

The 888RC2X has oil right? It might be a little too high (Marzhocchi is known for putting in a little too much from the factory).

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I have the same fork and have found that if there is one or two too many clicks on the bottom end compression adjuster (which I believe is the knob on the bottom of the fork, I haven't touched mine in a few months so I don't remember) the fork won't bottom. If I have too few clicks it will bottom relatively easily. So it is a little sensitive, just play around with it.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
www.marzocchi.com

Contact us

Call there tech line

Now with that said, My first two thoughts are. you weight 145, most marzocchi forks have pretty heavy springs in them stock, so you will most likely need different springs. Second thought is that you probably have WAY too much air in the bottom out. You can download the PDF. Other than that, check the oil level, call amrzocchi for the height specs for your weight, and let them walk you through the proper setup of your fork.

dh415

Chimp
Dec 6, 2006
novato
hey guys thanks for the help i got it to work i had a little to much oil and i needed to clean out the seals now its butter