Quantcast

help with new bike

wicked cool

Monkey
Jun 22, 2004
ok i'm turnning my hardtail into a pue streat park dj for the winter and i was wondering what you guys thought of this setup

frame- azonic stealhead
wheels- rhyno lite xls 24 rear
fork-04 dj3
brake- sd 7 v in the back nothing in the front
drivechian- single speed, woodman singlespeed hub in the back and i'm not sure about what gear ratio i want
cranks-vdrive extreames

any susgustions would be great i'm tight on cash right now though and most of this stuff i already have only things i would be buying is the fork and rear wheel

May 31, 2004
my plan for winter is to ride the local indoor parks on a to-be-bought bmx bike
thatlle set me up nicel for my 26 incher next season

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
wicked cool said:
ok i'm turnning my hardtail into a pue streat park dj for the winter and i was wondering what you guys thought of this setup

frame- azonic stealhead
wheels- rhyno lite xls 24 rear
fork-04 dj3
brake- sd 7 v in the back nothing in the front
drivechian- single speed, woodman singlespeed hub in the back and i'm not sure about what gear ratio i want
cranks-vdrive extreames

any susgustions would be great i'm tight on cash right now though and most of this stuff i already have only things i would be buying is the fork and rear wheel

sounds like a good build to me. Those steelheads are just plain sick.......And cheap too. :thumb:

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
if yo already have a 26 in rear wheel i would stick with that. the 24 in the rear would really slacken things out, which isnt always the best for street and dj. other than that, sounds sweet.

Feb 18, 2004
California
i just built one.. there awesome.. just get light parts.. and ya if u get mechanical brakes u can set up a gyro.. takes some knowledge tho.. heres a pic of mine
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/pbpic312934.jpg i went with dual 24's i think there better than 26's cuz ur low to the ground.. but dont buy a single speed hub.. gusset makes a 1'er kit u slide it on and u have a single speed.. i mean not many ppl buy ss hubs so it would be hard to sell if u ever needed new parts

wicked cool

Monkey
Jun 22, 2004
not sure on the tires ethier holy rollers, arrows, or k-rads

alos i'm runnin an avid in the back insted of the sd 7 and a 26 rear