Quantcast

Help with new Dirt Jump Bike 20"

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Ok guys. I am building a 20" dirt jumping bike and need some expert advice. I'm a mt. biker, so I don't really know much about the 20". Here is what I know I am already getting.

Frame = Planet-X 20" Bare Metal
Cranks = Planet-X Cranks, BB, and Ring
Stem = on=one

I know I want Maxxis Tires. I'm thinking Holy Roller in the rear and Max Daddy in the front. My question is, 1 is this a good combo, and 2 what sizes should I get? I am thinking 1.95 Holy Roller Rear, and 2.25 Max Daddy up front.

I have a hook up with Primo. I was thinking of getting the Mustache Bar, ROD seat post, and maybe a wheel set. Do they make good stuff?

What fork should I get?
What brake?
Other wheel set?

Any other added info would be appreciated.

Thanks

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
definitly a s&m pitch fork, the brake depends, is it a race frame with v-mounts? or a djer with u mounts? if its v get a oddessy a brake, if its u's then dia-tech fiestas. as for wheels get the redline/alex wheels oh ya how did you get hooked up with primo? can you hook me up? thanks:D :cool: :)

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by TurnerBoy
Ok guys. I am building a 20" dirt jumping bike and need some expert advice. I'm a mt. biker, so I don't really know much about the 20". Here is what I know I am already getting.

Frame = Planet-X 20" Bare Metal
Cranks = Planet-X Cranks, BB, and Ring
Stem = on=one

I know I want Maxxis Tires. I'm thinking Holy Roller in the rear and Max Daddy in the front. My question is, 1 is this a good combo, and 2 what sizes should I get? I am thinking 1.95 Holy Roller Rear, and 2.25 Max Daddy up front.

I have a hook up with Primo. I was thinking of getting the Mustache Bar, ROD seat post, and maybe a wheel set. Do they make good stuff?

What fork should I get?
What brake?
Other wheel set?

Any other added info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Standard bash fork...there is no substitute!.....D

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
Yes, Primo makes good stuff so splash some Primo parts on that biek of yers. I use the Rod seatpost and it's held up fine but only a few ball rides. They also make wheels, so might as well get a pair of those too. I agree with S&M pitch forks. And finally, diatech hombres for stopping. Then ride that sumabich and break some of that stuff and fix and break and fix and break and fix and...

Sep 18, 2001
Marin County CA
Primo parts should suit you quite well, If you're going to be using primo hubs I suggest getting the pros over the sobs, the pros will last longer. For a fork check out the odyessy race or dirt for, both come with a lifetime warrenty, you break and they give you a new one no questions asked. The odyessy forks are quite a bit lighter than the standards and the pitch too.