Quantcast

Help with priceworthy carbon components!

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Hello.

i just found myself a new GT sts-2 frame on ebay, to replace my long dead sts-1 as xc bike.

i love carbon stuff for xc, and tought maybe you guys know of some priceworthy components for my new frame.

i know of the usual Easton etc stuff, but they are either abit too expensive, or outrigt ugly since all the nice fibers have been painted over with graphics :mad: :(

id be very apriciative if you could help me find sites, where they sell naked carbon stuff at reasonable to cheap prices, without it being absolute junk

thanks alot! :)

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Chuck's bikes seems to come up with some carbon odds and ends from time to time. I've purchased from him before and though it may not seem like it, he's is pretty reputable and has been around for some time now. Now that I think of it, I think I first bought something from him at least 5 years ago.

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
oh its just a fetish bike this one.

i should clearify that i know carbon fiber stuff is never cheap, but they can be priceworthy.

i want it for its looks basically, but also the low weight is attracting me.

all my other bikes have been built without any consideration to weight, and they are all pretty much tanks, so this time around im gonna do the weight wheenie thing, and try to keep the weight low, but still within a reasonable budget. as reasonable as you can get with carbon fiber that is :D

fasterTHANyou

Monkey
Dec 12, 2003
washington dc
the easton CT-2 carbon bar isn't too decorated with details... and it's reasonably priceworthy... have you tried ebay for any of the parts? its a pretty good way to score a deal once in a while :)

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Originally posted by fasterTHANyou
the easton CT-2 carbon bar isn't too decorated with details... and it's reasonably priceworthy... have you tried ebay for any of the parts? its a pretty good way to score a deal once in a while :)
yeah i look on ebay once in a while for parts, but i cant finance the build just yet so its still only researching, thanks for the tip!

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
If you want to go true weight weinie on it I say ss it!My Cad 5 Cannondale ht only 20.6 lbs and the only thing carbon fiber on it is the Easton bars.Heck i'm even running LX cranks.Could probably get it even lighter if I cahanged out the saddle,cranks and some other stuff.Besides single speeding will make you faster:D

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Originally posted by GravityFreakTJ
If you want to go true weight weinie on it I say ss it!My Cad 5 Cannondale ht only 20.6 lbs and the only thing carbon fiber on it is the Easton bars.Heck i'm even running LX cranks.Could probably get it even lighter if I cahanged out the saddle,cranks and some other stuff.Besides single speeding will make you faster:D
hehe cool idea :D

but i think ill stick with gears since my stamina isnt what its supposed to be :rolleyes: ;)

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Originally posted by grimm
hehe cool idea :D

but i think ill stick with gears since my stamina isnt what its supposed to be :rolleyes: ;)

Yeah it will suck at first but you will get stronger.It's worth it,was for me anyway.Think i always spun to easy a gear.Wasn't long before i was zipping past guys on geared bikes uphill:cool: .