Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

phlegm

Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
Whistler/Vancouver
Thanks, I think? It's an updated photo with a new cam, I thought it turned out a lot better.. the rotor shot thing is the cam on "macro" mode (the colour is very true to life, at least on my monitor).. I just got it so I'm playing around with it a bit. It's nothing special but it's my newest toy. :D

phlegm

Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
Whistler/Vancouver
Originally posted by Kilgore
what kind of d. camera is it? specs? I'm looking into getting one myself.
BTW, your ride is sweet. Did you get it from a local shop or direct?
It's a Fuji 2600Z, 2.0MP, 3x opt. zoom, uhm.. 20sec video w/o sound. Damn good cam for the money, I'd say the best point and shoot in it's price range - I did a LOT of reasearch before making the decision, it was a toss up between this and the Canon A40, which is also a very good cam for the money - but, mine came with a battery charger, and a 16mb smartmedia card. I had an HP PS 320, and man was it ever a piece of crap. Shadows/gradients were horrid, it was grainy as hell.

Thanks - I basically built it up from one shop over time, it's had many faces. The frame also came from the same shop on closeout (they got kicked off the dealer list for undercutting other dealers), I got a really good deal on it. Originally I had a 15" frame, but I had some serious headset issues which eventually ovalized the headtube. Eric was kind enough to come in on a Sunday afternoon, and did a direct frame trade with me no charge, even threw in some stickers. With the new frame I don't think there's any chance of ovalization. It has 5mm thick cro-moly "rings" top and bottom. The new frame is also much thicker in the top tube and seatstays, needless to say I'm very, very confident on it.

RUYORK

Chimp
Nov 13, 2002
Hell's Kitchen NYC
Originally posted by sikocycles
Nice with the shiver I was thinking about a shiver ot a dorado sc
How is the fork
I LOVE the Shiver, it never seems to want to bottom out... I am going to go with a DC though because I am a big bastard and like to do big drops (6' 230lb) so I need a bigger fork... Too bad because I just got it a few weeks ago. I might sell it for 50$ less than I paid. If you are interested, PM me.

timber

Chimp
Nov 21, 2002
the shango wont be up for sale anytime soon. i do have a nice canzo titanium im going to end up selling to finance another project. ill post it in a week or so.

shango specs:
duke xc 80
xt cranks
azonic pedals
crow bar
odi lock jaws (rogue)
azonic shorty stem
xt shifters/levers
xt derailers
avid disks
king headset
king disk hubs/ mavic 321s
thompson post
lazer v ti seat
full length cable housings.

edit: i just saw a shango frame at mtbr for $175

http://marketplace.consumerreview.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.pl?db=MtbReview&website=MtbReview&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=42409&query=retrieval

RAcErX336

Chimp
Sep 21, 2002
Allen, Texas
Here's a shot of my hardtail, not the burliest I know. . . but it works and its easy to throw around . . . kinda like a good woman :D Try 2 guess what frame Im running . . hehe

Danchez

Chimp
Apr 9, 2002
Orange, CA
Originally posted by RAcErX336
Here's a shot of my hardtail, not the burliest I know. . . but it works and its easy to throw around . . . kinda like a good woman :D Try 2 guess what frame Im running . . hehe

cheap like a good woman too. :D supergo access

Ridge_Rider

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
East Coast
Originally posted by RAcErX336

Gotta love the downtube sticker....;)