Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
Holy jeez, are the chainstays on the Tankass as short as they look?!

[edit] Just read Unreal's specs - 15.25" - yes they are! Manual machine! It's like a 7 pound trials bike :p

JOhnG

Chimp
Dec 23, 2001
DC
Originally posted by PGKelly
That's retarded. I've ridden right foot forward my entire life and it is in no way goofy. But when I try riding left foot forward it feels really goofy.
it's not derogitiory, it's just that most people are more comfortible w/ the left foot forward, hense it being regular. than MTBR's adopted some snowboard terminology and called right foot rides goofy riders. snowboarders have the same naming system, it's not goffy for you but overall it's for most.

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
Originally posted by JOhnG
it's not derogitiory, it's just that most people are more comfortible w/ the left foot forward, hense it being regular. than MTBR's adopted some snowboard terminology and called right foot rides goofy riders. snowboarders have the same naming system, it's not goffy for you but overall it's for most.
youre goofy.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I ride left foot forwards, but the only time I've been snowboarding I felt a lot more natural right foot forwards.

Am I a freak?

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Originally posted by - seb
I ride left foot forwards, but the only time I've been snowboarding I felt a lot more natural right foot forwards.

Am I a freak?
i'm like that cept reversed.... i ride right foot forwards, but snowboarded (which i've done once) i have my left foot forwards. maybe it has more to do with which way your body prefers to rotate?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
nice looking rukus & sinister too ! ! i dig the orange... and grey for that matter - orange & grey! :devil:

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
quality as in...
comes in a brown cardboard box with no intsructions, crap bearings, non existant seals, POS lockring, crap splines on teh cups, comes with a 14mm bolt instead of a one key extractor [like DMR]

Unreal

Chimp
Sep 26, 2001
Seattle, WA
Yup,

Most of the Bommers out in the wild are doing just fine, but more then a small handful either folded or snapped at exactly that spot. I guess that was the result of using double butted tubing and a large downtube gusset, it ended up focusing the stresses on the thinner part of the tube. Woops!

One of the cool things about Planet X is that they’re always evolving their frames. They realized that some riders where pushing those bikes HARD, and the frames weren’t holding up, so around mid 2002 they changed the design of both the Bommer and the Gimp to use a strait gauge down tube and revised gussets. It added almost a pound to the bike if I remember right, but the new ones have absolutely no problem at that spot :-)