Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Originally posted by jive turkey
hey Tiles......would that be a 24"/26" combo that your running there? im trying to decide on rear size for my morphine right now, hows that setup?
That pic shows my original setup on that frame which was dual 26's. I'm now running a 24/3.0 combo on the rear and like it MUCH better. Here's a pic of the current setup...

Attachments

jive turkey

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
damn Mr Tiles that looks killer, do you still have full range of horizontal dropout adjustment with a 3" 24 wheel? do you find it too slack or difficult to roll over bumpy terrain?

what rear hub are you using?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Originally posted by jive turkey
damn Mr Tiles that looks killer, do you still have full range of horizontal dropout adjustment with a 3" 24 wheel? do you find it too slack or difficult to roll over bumpy terrain?

what rear hub are you using?
Yeah, full range of adjustment. I really like this set up. There's not much difference in running a 24x3.0 and 26x2.5 - they are about the same height. Difference is the 3.0 soaks up a lot of hits on the hardtail and getting over stuff is not an issue. I'm running an xt rear hub - so far, so good.

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
Originally posted by Unreal
Man, this hardtail thread just keeps going forever!

You can find much more back on my website. Enjoy!
what about your page? last time i checked, there was about 8 or 9 pages of bikes. now there's 50 :D

MadAss

Chimp
Jan 13, 2004
That thing is beautifull!!! I've allways loved the look of that Manitou! And that frame looks cool as well.

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Originally posted by monkeyboy424
yes it is.

it is actually not that bad to do, it runs smooth, it just isnt to sweet to look at.

i am also currentley running ss on my HT w/ full gears, and both deraliers for good measure:eek: ;) :p
It's a bad thing to do w/ my chainline. The brooklyn has a perfect chainline towards the lower cogs and I wanted to use a larger cog but I didn't have access to a single one to replace the smaller cogs at the bottom with. That's only tentative. I just ordered a 18 t cog w/ a spacer ss conversion kit and should have it friday :D . No more ghost shifting into a higher gear and getting screwed. BTW, I think i posted that pic twice. Damn ... ADD sucks.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
It cracked right at the end of the downtube gusset. Its a good 1 inch long. Haha, i loved that frame and i anxiosuly await the warranty frame. I had been riding rigid for a few weeks and i think that may have done it in.

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
Originally posted by Lefty

Absolutely.. i was missing it already.... There should always be a Fox in this bike.:thumb: It looks goddamn good.
Thanks

Yeah the UK importers were out of stock of the model I wanted, it should be about 2 weeks until I get them and I will put up some photos of it.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Originally posted by Encriptic
ok heres mine,

First toy 4 to be released to public, got it in november.

changed some stuff on it like added an evil bashguard, changed to azonic a frame pedals, pro taper bar, fizik saddle.

Cheers
Nice stuff you got on there....i can not see it directly, because :angry: you can still NOT link from Pinkbike directly.So to see them put the page links there.Or manual paste/copy it in to your browser.

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
Here is my P.1 I got it a few months ago for $300 brand new, I know its nothing special but I've been out of the game for 3 years now and I've never learned things so fast any other bikes and i've owned quite a few ranging from bmx-downhill-XC. I do 85% urban riding now and I love this bike, best $300 i've spend in awhile

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
Here is my P.1 I got it a few months ago for $300 brand new, I know its nothing special but I've been out of the game for 3 years now and I've never learned things so fast any other bikes and i've owned quite a few ranging from bmx-downhill-XC. I do 85% urban riding now and I love this bike, best $300 i've spend in awhile