Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
Had to do some cleaning out of the part's bins and use up some spares, but here is what came out.

I'm just going to give props to Voodoo for a really nice frame at a super cheap price.....oh and as always The Path for great service.

Something cool about the headset costing half as much as the frame.

Attachments

peachy

Monkey
Jan 17, 2005
vancouver,bc
i'm 5'5" and usually ride a small FS. w/ a measurement of 23" toptube for the sovereign... is that going to fit me? always been curious on riding a cromo HT frame.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
peachy said:
i'm 5'5" and usually ride a small FS. w/ a measurement of 23" toptube for the sovereign... is that going to fit me? always been curious on riding a cromo HT frame.

that frame will be pretty long for you,
try and test ride a few bikes and take note of the TT lengths of the ones you like

personally i like small TT, i am 5'10" and ride smalls (see sig for bikes) i would guess you want something around a 21-21.5" actuall or 22-22.5" effective TT unless your goin for more of a trail bike. if you look back a page our 2 you'll see my HT it has about a 21.8" actuall tt and is great for jumping, short for trail riding. but like i said i like short bikes.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Hey edge how do you like the shango? How is the dropout system working out, and can you get full seat extension on it? How tall are you?

Thanks

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
2006 Marzocchi DJ Urban

Black FSA Pig Headset

Drilled topcap so you can run front brakes through fork for bar spins.

2006 Holzfeller 40MM Truvativ stem, black, 31.8mm widhth, 1 1/8".

2006 Hi-riser bar, black, uncut

Black ODI Lock-on grips with clamps.

2006 Rear Magura SL carbon fiber lever

SDG Bel Aire seat

Black Fuse SL seatpost

Silver alloy QR seatclamp

Maxxis tires

Atomic aircorp wheels

SS conversion kit with 16t rear sprocket.

KMC chrome BMX chain

36T Saint black sprocket.

Truvativ 170MM Holzfeller cranks

Truvativ BB

Specialized alloy platform pedals

Attachments

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
looks great - congrats...
I'll post mine up again now that I have it fitted in "burly hardtail" worthy threads. hehe.

Matrimony

Chimp
May 25, 2005
Winooski, VT
stinky|Dan said:

Just update. NEw 26inch wheels,mtx camo rims with hope xc hubs, plus an e-13 guide. Rides nice!
not to diss ya man, but those rims are pretty ugly, and so is that butt-poking seat, but those rims are pretty original though, never seen camo rims...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
partsbara said:
nice... lose the fork and the cranks and you have a mad cikle..,
I should just get rid of the fork and the cranks? And then do what? Manual it around town, with my feet wrapped around the seat tube? :p

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
ufdff15 said:
Looks nice, I had a trans-blue supercharger on mine for a little while too
The dark blue or the ice blue? I knew they had some ice blue ones go out, didn't see any eBay auctions for the trans blue ones (it's almost black if you don't have light shining through it).

That looks like a nice urban/DJ machine!

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
binary visions said:
The dark blue or the ice blue? I knew they had some ice blue ones go out, didn't see any eBay auctions for the trans blue ones (it's almost black if you don't have light shining through it).

That looks like a nice urban/DJ machine!
I don't really remember, I think it's the lighter one, it was given to me at Evil when I picked up the sovereign last may.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Damn... didn't realize that this thread had become un-stuck.

Well here is my latest hardtail:
Soul Cycle Sluggo
Sherman Breakout (6" TPC version)
XT 4 pots
Evil Srs (no lexan)
Azonic Outlaws (rear re-laced to a Ringle MTX with a 4 cross lacing)
Shimano 105 road rear derailer
BMW saddle
Crank brother mallet pedals