Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Originally posted by bagtagley
No the best picture, but you get the idea. The latest incarnation of the Chameleon.

Is that a large Chameleon? Or XL maybe? Nice ride. I want one for hard XC/trails.

i just got my cowan! pics to come soon.

specs:

kona DJ fork (soon to be a fox vanilla rlc)
Kona bulge chromo DH cranks
kona jacksh!t pedals
kona DH bars
Titec stem (soon to be a kona)
chrome FSA pig headset
Rhinolite/Deore disc wheels
hayes mechanical discs (will replace the xtr v-brake up front)
ultegra r-der / blackspire NS-1
snafu seat

going to try and mount the shifter behind my seat, and install a gyro for the rear brake, rout the front one through the steerer for uber-sick-hella-erbon-jibbe-barspins

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Originally posted by Lefty
This is so nice ..and uniqeu.. a evil with a Lefty max tpc+ with 13 cm about 5 " inch of travel.

howdya get that fork on that frame, as in i thought they worked on cannondales
________
Honeyfairy

Last edited:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Originally posted by nicklin
too bad you can't ride down a hill > 30 degrees without being chapped by the RCMP and sent to make license plates.
Awww crap! so maybe if I threw a super monster on there theyd let me?!:eek: :D :rolleyes:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by chicodude01
howdya get that fork on that frame, as in i thought they worked on cannondales
The only difference between the OnePointFive standard and Cannondale's headtubes is the insertion depth of the headsets. So the Lefty fork will work on any 1.5 standard frame.

And nicklin.. Why'd you link right back to this thread?

Originally posted by SilentJ
You mean this thread?! Im already in this thread...im gonna have a seizure..its the circular warp thread :eek:

I assume you either mean the "can hardtails downhill" thread or some other "anti-monster on a hardtail" thread
Oh sh*t, sorry dude, yeah it was the "can ht downhill' thread. sorry about that, must have posted the wrong url. P.S., I love Moster _T's on ht's, I'm in the process of scouting for a Le Tou for that purpose as a matter of fact.
cheers

rhythmcycles

Chimp
Apr 20, 2004
Here are some pics of the .243 frame and the 04 Norco 4 HUN and 125cc. For complete bikes, the Norcos are pretty hard to beat. The frames are redesigned for 04 and are much nicer than the 03's The 4 HUN is $2100 and the 125 is $1129.00.

Drop me an email if you have any questions with any of these.

www.rhythmcycles.com

rhythmcycles

Chimp
Apr 20, 2004
sorry folks, no spam intended. We sell lots of burly hartails and we have lots of pictures of them on our site. We are new site and my guess is that not may people are aware the pics are there. When I posted the pics, no one else had posted good detail pics of the .243 frame that the original thread asked to see, so I thought the pics I had would be helpful. ...I'll leave the advertizing out in the future...and we do already advertize with RM. -thanks

www.rhythmcycles.com

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by rhythmcycles
Sorry, I typed the hyperlink wrong on the last post. Try it again, this one should work. Thanks for letting me know.

www.rhythmcycles.com
You'll get slapped pretty quick if you post spam like that around here. Put your URL in your signature so that it'll automatically show up on every post - but you shouldn't advertise your products unless you're paying for ad space.

However, real pictures of burly hardtails are always acceptable, so post away - the Unreal Cycles guy does it all the time. Things like the .243 pics you posted, right off their website, don't belong in this thread, and the "if you like what you see you can buy it here..." type statements will get your post deleted.

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Check this Canyon Cycles custom - 3.2 lbs, 16 lbs. as a 26" singlespeed!

Ignore top left pic - it is a 24" cruiser.

E

endtroducing

can you share some details about the build? i'm pretty curious what part spec would let you assemble a 20lb .243 that wouldn't spontaneously explode.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by endtroducing
i'm pretty curious what part spec would let you assemble a 20lb .243 that wouldn't spontaneously explode.
Chris King's new antigravity pods would be a good start...

E

endtroducing

Originally posted by MikeD
Chris King's new antigravity pods would be a good start...
i hear those are scheduled for release before their bottom bracket... :dead:

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
I have rebuilt my Revell as my practice/training bike. I will be ripping up Kenter Whoops & Rocky Peak BMX on it (slam down the sherman to 3" mode & pump up the SPV!). Maybe even try a DS race at Big Bear. I was going to sell it, but all interested parties were to brok to do it. All good though, gives the FXR a break until the next MTX race.

Attachments

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Originally posted by dv8cam
Check this Canyon Cycles custom - 3.2 lbs, 16 lbs. as a 26" singlespeed!

Ignore top left pic - it is a 24" cruiser.
That is a hardtail, but at 16 pounds it ain't burly! ;)

Oct 9, 2003
Yes I did. The bike is great for allround riding. I´ll consider getting one again, when I get enough money.

Here's another, just to show how versatile it is. With a 110 mm DJII fork. Tranny's out of frame: