Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

Dr. Steth

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Anywhere but here.
I just don't get the dual crown thing. why, why, why?!!! What does it do, other than f up the geometry? Looks like a dj on a 20. What the heck are you guys ridding up there? :redX:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Dr. Steth said:
I just don't get the dual crown thing. why, why, why?!!! What does it do, other than f up the geometry? Looks like a dj on a 20. What the heck are you guys ridding up there? :redX:
If you don't like it, don't do it... but don't critize those who do.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dr. Steth said:
I'm sure there are a lot of things you just don't get. Just try not to criticize them too much...

Some of us have hardtails that are designed to work with dual crowns. In other words, it does not "f up the geometry" as you so eloquently put it. Some of us just like to be crazy and different, I guess.

Mr. Furious

Monkey
Jul 23, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Dr. Steth said:
It's like putting a 3" lift kit on a truck.
Most of the time you don't need it, but it sure feels good when you have to back over a riced out civic

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Dr. Steth said:
...yet here you are, posting in a "burly hardtail pics" thread. :rolleyes:

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Cash-Money said:
are there dos rear brakeos on that beast?
What In Spanish O Ingles...!?!?

No the rear brake is not done so far because I'm still trying to figure out the best way to mount it,,
take into account the rear rack so i can not really place the caliper on the top (convensional placement)

for the brake levers I figure out a way to run the two of them at ones.

so i can actuate one or the other or the TWO of them at the same time if i need to.
like in this case just the front hydrolics

the C-2 Hope master cilinder are great because two things.

*I can place them Upside down since is a close sistem with out a broblem or any air getting into the sistem
*I can varie the amount of fluid pressure using the silver knob that basically compress and decompress (controls) the amount of fluid inside the sistem.

so i can run the Hope's with No drag (when I'm on the street or just riding around) and then bring the Brakes to full power by increassing the fluid pressure at the levers adjuster when the downhil comes to play.

this bike is so much Fun is not even funny,,,sorry for the Pun.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
DROP said:
I can actually remember when this thread started and never would have thought it would have grown this big......

Hmm... something is wrong here.

Thread start date: 02/11/2002

DROP's Join date: 03/15/2005

Think about it for a second...

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
MisterMental said:
maybe he was a lurker?

Yeah, that's true... he's a young'n, so I sort of assumed he wasn't around here when he was 10, but I could very well be wrong though. Oh well. I felt sort of flamy then, so I'm just gonna leave... I have nothing to contribute to this thread yet

B

boshrdcore

It's a 3.0 and yes it is too big and heavy. I had it lying around so I figured I'd try it out for one race, bad idea slow as hell. I usually run a 24" 2.7 Highroller on the rear. I use the bike to ride/race DH.

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002
My .243,

Trail setup.
Fox Vanilla 125
Hussefelts
Hope m4's
High Roller rear (24) and Intense XC front.

Street setup, same as above but with hook worms

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Here is my Azonic Evolution.

fork : '03 dj 2 (5")
rear wheel: mavic ex325/xt hub
front wheel: bontrager xc thing/ dt hugi (I need a burlier, wider rim)
tires: maxxis 2.35 highrollers 60compound
seat: titec berserker
brakes: hayes mag champagne 6"
cranks: truvativ stylo
guide: e13 srs
bars: bontrager crowbars (steel)
stem:bontrager
grips: odi ruffian lock-on
headset: fsa pig
rear derraleur: xt

I use it for xc trails, fr trails, dj, urb,