Quantcast

Help with Supercross MX26 Build...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Glad it worked out for you MotoCycle. That Shadow chain should be plenty good - a few of my BMX buds run it without issue.

Search on mtbr.com and on here about fork spacing and cutting a steerer tube. As this is your first fork install, I think it would be the best move to see if a local bike shop would do the cut and install for you.

Post some pics when it is done.

MotoCycle

Chimp
Sep 1, 2006
I got a steerer cutter and feel ok about cutting the tube (which I will need to cut down). I'm just not sure what the ideal number of spacers to use is and where I should put them.

Is the ideal setup to just have one spacer between the headset and the stem? My headset is threadless (FSA Orbit Xtreme) so the top of that will have to fit in the stem...

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
before you cut it ride your bike with the spacers on top then change them to the bottom or maybe just on in the bottom of the stem, it really depends on what you will feel most confortable with whyle riding. Once you know which height or how many spacers you want to use the cut the steer down 3 mm shorter than the top of the stem and insert the star nut and put back together and ride away.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
What MC peepants said. Ride and adjust before you cut. Leave a little extra if your stem has a really low stack height.