Quantcast

Help with the correct rear brake adapter...because I'm retarded.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Wondering if someone could point me to the right adapter for 8" Saint (810) rotor for the rear with an IS mount. It's for a Knolly Delirium T. I just want to make sure I get the right one. Are any of the brands the same or do I need a Shimano specific one?

Foxbat

Chimp
Aug 14, 2008
Portland OR
Wondering if someone could point me to the right adapter for 8" Saint (810) rotor for the rear with an IS mount. It's for a Knolly Delirium T. I just want to make sure I get the right one. Are any of the brands the same or do I need a Shimano specific one?
What you want is the following: rear adapter for 203mm rotor, IS to post mount. All brands should really be the same. I'm running Saint M810's with a Hayes adapter up front and a Shimano in the rear.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Cool. I will be running a Totem up front and was under the impression the 8" rotor will work with the caliper bolted straight to the fork.

Where are you at in SoCal?

Foxbat

Chimp
Aug 14, 2008
Portland OR
Cool. I will be running a Totem up front and was under the impression the 8" rotor will work with the caliper bolted straight to the fork.

Where are you at in SoCal?
That's correct for the Totem. And just for reference, since I learned the hard way, the Fox 40 uses a 6" adapter for an 8" rotor.

San Diego is home base. Wish we had some more rain to get some trail work done.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
What you want is the following: rear adapter for 203mm rotor, IS to post mount. All brands should really be the same. I'm running Saint M810's with a Hayes adapter up front and a Shimano in the rear.
i guess it works with 8" adapters as they are a bit longer, but i tried to fit a juicy 7 on a 6" IS to PM adapter made by Formula and it did not fit.

Aug 11, 2009
halifax
There are some slight differences, I had to space our a hayes calliper with a couple small washers because the calliper body made contact with a shimano post to post adapter (front). So don't just tighten down the bolts when mixing adapter and calliper manufacturers!