Quantcast

Helpful hints for Mormons with a serious problem

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
while most people wouldn't apply such methods to masturbation, the advice seems generally sound for people seeking to stop any particular compulsive behavior...

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
funny thing is, all the morman kids I ever knew did more drugs then me, had sex with more people then i did and destroyed as much sh1t as they possibly could.

and the few preachers daughters i knew were the best sluts ever. ;)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Okay, so I refreshed after getting deluged with IMs from the california sluts. And yes. BUT I BROKE IT IN JULY!
----
Dear sweet Jeebus...

Being an ex-Mormon, I can attest to this stuff. I'm going to try not to be offensive to any Mo's on this board (as I know there are some...) but...

THEY STILL TEACH THIS. Yes, this. Not just the "don't jack off" mantra, but these...techniques...

I remember when I was about 14 years old, the bishop (Mormon pastor/reverend/etc) had a "meeting" (AKA, lecture) with other boys my age in my...uh...lets call it Priesthood (IE, young men) class. He told us that inside of our bodies we had little factories, and if we sped up the factories "production" that it would be unhealthy. Then he proceeded to give us some of these techniques. Thank God I'm not a Mormon anymore...

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
xbluethunderx said:
I remember when I was about 14 years old, the bishop (Mormon pastor/reverend/etc) had a "meeting" (AKA, lecture) with other boys my age in my...uh...lets call it Priesthood (IE, young men) class. He told us that inside of our bodies we had little factories, and if we sped up the factories "production" that it would be unhealthy. Then he proceeded to give us some of these techniques. Thank God I'm not a Mormon anymore...
Please point on the doll where the pastor touched you

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Hmmm... Kinky...

"11. In the field of psychotherapy there is a very effective technique called aversion therapy. When we associate or think of something very distasteful with something which has been pleasurable, but undesirable, the distasteful thought and feeling will begin to cancel out that which was pleasurable. If you associate something very distasteful with your loss of self-control it will help you to stop the act. For example, if you are tempted to masturbate, think of having to bathe in a tub of worms, and eat several of them as you do the act."

NOTE: I wonder if eventually you will associate masturbating with worms, thus, if you see a worm you get really horny.

Also kinky...

"19. In very severe cases it may be necessary to tie a hand to the bed frame with a tie in order that the habit of masturbating in a semi-sleep condition can be broken. This can also be accomplished by wearing several layers of clothing which would be difficult to remove while half asleep."

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
What's funny is that the mormon church had plenty of those types of guides back in the '70s, they seem to have for the most part evaporated and there are only the tattered remnants that float around as mentioned in the top part of the web page. I don't think the church really changed their stance on issues such as masturbation, they just found more effective ways of teaching members to decide for themselves what's right and wrong. Believe it or not the LDS church does reccomend we do or don't do lots of things, for example we should have a year worth of food and supplies to support our families in the event of financial hardship or disaster, we should have savings in a bank as well as a prudent amount of cash kept in a safe location at home, we're advised to not watch R rated movies... there are lots of little reccomendations, but disobeying any of them will not affect our standing in the church, a bishop or other leader could hold his position without having a savings account and with only a pantry containing a few cans of vienna sausages. If one feels compelled to live a certain guideline because of a personal conviction we are encouraged to live that way, if one doesn't have that personal conviction they are encouraged to take the steps necessary to gain that personal conviction, if that makes sense. It's not like you're damned if you masterbate or if you don't have a basement full of food, members of the church will encourage you to think and pray about the benefits of not masterbating or keeping a storehouse of food though, still if you don't feel like it's right for you or if you feel like you physically can't then it's really not a huge deal. It's like cleaning your chain after every ride, you don't have to do it, your chain will still work, it might not last as long and it might squeak a little if you don't but nothing terrible will happen if you don't clean your chain but the really dedicated mechanics will clean thier chain after every ride just because it's the right thing to do. There's no brainwashing or hypnosis involved in our beliefs, which is why I suspect publications like the linked guide to masterbation have been tucked under the rug, as they kind of give the impression that we are into brainwashing our youth.