Quantcast

Helping a Friend Pick A Bike

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I have the Nukeproof Enduro 29. It's fast. I haven't gotten any faster and scrubbed 1+min off trails I have been running at ~6.5min for years. Pedals well climbing when in the pedal-assist on shock, but is active. My frame is Al, so it's not the lightest, but rides like a motherfucker fast downhill. Skery fast.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I've got one of those aluminum Nukeproof 29erduro bikes too. Perhaps it's due to pedalling a bit moar these days or maybe there's something to the sizing suiting my apeman dimensions, but I feel like I'm riding as quickly as I ever have if not at the fastest pace I've had on both trails and downhill. Makes me wonder what it would be like to be on a full blown 1300mm+ length downhill bike.

I don't object to how it pedals. My qualitative assessment is it's better than my old stumpjumper by a fair amount.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Never dealt with NP directly, but CRC replaced my wheelset 2 times because the OEM NP Novatec hubs blew up after a few rides. They upgraded me to Horizons afterwards so that was a good overall experience, but I haven't needed to deal with NP directly with a frame related or spare part issue.