Quantcast

Hemlock BC Cup Cancelled

Bikecrasher

Monkey
Sep 24, 2002
Tacoma, Wa
Just got off the phone w/ Hemlock Resort. Due to ski lift issues, they have cancelled the DH race set for this weekend June 4-5. The XC race is still on, but no DH. At this time, they are not sure if the lifts will be in operation for regular lift acccessed riding this summer. What a drag.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
DAMN! Well guess that made my decision easier... no go... XC team's headin over to Leavenworth though, hopefully they have a good time... bummer for us DH'rs

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
Bummer about no race, but....... it gives me more time to sort some things out. I was planning on shooting video at the race, but I broke my video camera at PA in the rain, so its getting fixed and not back till after the race and I dont have enough $ for the new one yet. So this buys me time.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Velocity Girl said:
So what's your new rig???

We'll probably be heading to whislter to then.
A Six Pack with a 36 :D Yes, I know it only has 6" of travel, but that's plenty for me ;)

I'm hoping to get out to SST this week so I can brake it in before Whistler this weekend. Maybe I'll see you out there!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
There are lots of good reasons to go to Leavenworth instead of Whistler.
1. Beer garden
2, Its not Canada
3. Four miles of downhill-plus lots of people have gotten hurt on the waterbars.
4. Kona Demos
5. Lots of schwag
6. Secret Trails?
7. Beer garden and party after the race including a band.
8. You will be home sooner

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
toughguymagee said:
I will be heading up for a solo day trip and meeting Freak/VG for some riding. I think i forgot how to ride my DH bike.

I am sure I will see many of you all up there. :thumb:
We will be there for the weekend too! :D