Quantcast

Hemlock DH Race (Canada)~ Who's going?

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
An international license is just that - a license to race internationally.
As far as buying a BC license, I believe they are international from the get-go. But last I heard they were around $150CD. Which I believe is about the same as buying a NORBA + interantional upgrade.
If you are NORBA pro I believe the license you buy is an international, you don't have a choice? Which would be lame if you were in Kentucky or something and never planned on racing internationally. With BC so close to us it ALMOST makes sense.
I'm going to race whatever class they put me in...... BEG Female 13-18 hopefully so I have a chance at the podium, but no gaurantees ......................................

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
trailhacker said:
I'm going to race whatever class they put me in...... BEG Female 13-18 hopefully so I have a chance at the podium, but no gaurantees ......................................
As long as you're not in my class! I don't wanna have to lay the smack down on ya :love:

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
trailhacker said:
Ok, I almost spit my coca-cola all over my monitor!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
trailhacker said:
An international license is just that - a license to race internationally.
As far as buying a BC license, I believe they are international from the get-go. But last I heard they were around $150CD. Which I believe is about the same as buying a NORBA + interantional upgrade.
If you are NORBA pro I believe the license you buy is an international, you don't have a choice? Which would be lame if you were in Kentucky or something and never planned on racing internationally. With BC so close to us it ALMOST makes sense.
Yup, no choice in the pro license.....you get socked for the fee weather you use the international part or not (but at least it's a cool new color every year!)

BEG Female 13-18...I don't know dude, I think you might be setting your sights a bit high there ;) :D

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
66 said:
This is the response I got. it still leaves me with a few questions.

"hi matt

(first off, my name is gary not sir)

i can let you race pro/elite with a norba semi-pro license but it would have to be a international license. it is mostly to do with the insurance.
you could also buy a cycling BC licnese and that would work.

see you there, (it is a very good course)
gary

At 11:58 AM 23/05/2005, you wrote:

> Sir,
> I plan on racing the Hemlock festival on June 5th. I have a NORBA Semi Pro licenses for Downhill but not an International Licenses. I am not concerned about collecting point, mostly being grouped with equal racers. What do I need to do? "
Can you PM me this guys email. I'm not getting an response.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
66 said:
This is the response I got. it still leaves me with a few questions.

"hi matt

(first off, my name is gary not sir)

i can let you race pro/elite with a norba semi-pro license but it would have to be a international license. it is mostly to do with the insurance.
you could also buy a cycling BC licnese and that would work.

see you there, (it is a very good course)
gary

At 11:58 AM 23/05/2005, you wrote:

> Sir,
> I plan on racing the Hemlock festival on June 5th. I have a NORBA Semi Pro licenses for Downhill but not an International Licenses. I am not concerned about collecting point, mostly being grouped with equal racers. What do I need to do? "
So, Ethan has a Pro license. Is that concidered International? If so, why is it (on-line registry)making me pay an additional $10 for insurance??? I don't get it. I know I will have to since I'm expert...but why him?

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
They obviously haven't taken into account the non canadian Pros pre-registering online. It isn't set up for Intl card holders like Evan Mutari.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
ride said:
They obviously haven't taken into account the non canadian Pros pre-registering online. It isn't set up for Intl card holders like Evan Mutari.
:D Now you too! Evan Mutari! :D

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
MUTOLI said:
So, Ethan has a Pro license. Is that concidered International? If so, why is it (on-line registry)making me pay an additional $10 for insurance??? I don't get it. I know I will have to since I'm expert...but why him?
Yes, Evan has a Int. license, which is also called a UCI license. On the regular reg. form (not the one day license ones) it asks for a UCI #. Fill out that form, pre-reg. and your golden with no ten buckee fee!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
two1 said:
Yes, Evan has a Int. license, which is also called a UCI license. On the regular reg. form (not the one day license ones) it asks for a UCI #. Fill out that form, pre-reg. and your golden with no ten buckee fee!
I think the problem might be that the online form has the CBC License/one day fee field listed as required. I was going to resort to the snail mail version and then realized that the don't technically have my category listed! They have elite women and men 19-29....what about us old folk pros? hehehe..hopefully I'll hear back from 'em soon...bet they never thought they'd be getting so many questions from us foreigners!

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
so i heard those canadians are a little bit better then the competition we have here? So heres the question do i race sport and test the waters? or think im hot Sh#@ and race expert

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Unless you have a pro or international license, you won't have much choice. I think you'll end up in "citizen" class.
Gex said:
so i heard those canadians are a little bit better then the competition we have here? So heres the question do i race sport and test the waters? or think im hot Sh#@ and race expert

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
here is the 2nd round of emails:

"hey

if it is just the one event, and you apply early, i can let you race in your norba category on a one event license

At 07:21 PM 24/05/2005, you wrote:

> Gary (not SIR! of course, haha)
>
> Thank you for the response. From what I understand, I would have to get an NORBA International upgrade ($100) or buy a CBC($150). If I was to race expert, could I get the $10 day licenses? If not, could I race beginner for the $10 day license?
>
> Thanks for the additional help,
> Matt

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
two1 said:
Does anyone know anything about accomodations? Camping/Chalets, pricing, etc?
We have a Chalet with Marty, Laraine, Joy, Ethan and Ryan. We have room for more...it might be couch/floor sleeping but there is aways room for more :)