Quantcast

Here are some pictures of my newly built bike!!!!

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
I couldn't find my digital camera so I used a video camera and used the frames I thought were best. The quality is quite bad but you can still see some detail.

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
These are just a few of the pics, I can post more if any of you would like.
Mix of Chorus and Record groupsets, Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels, Vittoria UltraLite tubes, Hutchinson Carbon Comp tires, 3ttt stem, Deda bars, Look tape, Thomson Elite seatpost, Selle Success seat, FSA Superlight Carbon crankset, FSA ISIS drive bottom bracket, Wellgo pedals and Campagnolo cable and housing...

Oh yeah, and the frame is a Benotto one made in Italy not Mexico, as some are. It is steel and I had it all re-painted and decaled here in Toronto at a shop called Bicycle Specialties, by Tom Hinton. Mike Barry is the owner and the father of Michael Barry, who is on the USPS team, who is married to Dede Barry who is also a pro for T-Mobile and got a silver medal in the Athen's time-trial. It is an amazing shop and full of Mike's collection of bikes(there are hundreds of them including an old high-wheel) if any of you are ever in the area you should check it out.

So what do you think?

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
When I lived in TO the shop was called, I think Bicycle Sport, but they had gone out of business. Tony Beaks (Beeks?) painted Mariposa and any other frame to. Was Mariposa their house brand frame? But I do remember some really nice Beeks paint jobs.

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
Here are some close-ups for you, hope you like 'em. It is a beautiful stem. It came with a plug, but it blew out on the first hill I went down, I can't find another one that fits :(. I also added a picture of the water bottle holder I got yesterday. You can also go to the Campy Only Mod Gallery to see some good quality pictures of my bike, since Ridemonkey will only allow attachments of 100kb or smaller, It is one of first bike pictured on the left side. :)

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
Well first of all I thought it looked cool and was different, and secondly my friend who works at the shop I got it from said it was on his bike and he liked it so far. Thirdly I have the type of gloves with the gel silicon type stuff in them so I didn't really care that the tape had a bit less padding.

How do you like the stem pics?