Quantcast

Here I go Again on my Own... Soo Line DJs

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
So, the other day I was biking through town and on my way home, I was taking the highway route this time, normally take a back road, and theres always been this little patch of woods next to the highway, and i never really though any thing of it. But this time something caught my eye.. there was some open land in there... so i pulled my bike down into this little spot and was instantly stoked!
I just found a new spot for a bunch of dirt jumps not even a mile from my house. The other ones I built were at a friends house about 3 miles away and theres not really anymore room to build out there. Anyway I snapped some pics of it.
Here We Go:
this is where I plan on building a roll in. it's already natually banked, so.. perfect, eh?

this is looking at the whole thing from the ''roll-in spot''.

This is on the other end looking towards the roll-in. i plan to have a berm wrap around that main tree there.

Here's another look at the ''roll-in'' just from farther away

So, after about half an hour of clearing, this is what I got. I forgot bug spray and couldn't stand them anymore.

Here's the little opening into this place. right behind me in this pic are some railroads, called the Soo Line (hence the name) i want to keep these hard to see which is why i kept the opening so small.

and heres a shot of the top of the roll in.

So, I can't wait to get to actually building these! I'm going to have to do a **** load of raking before i can dig because there are so many down branches, you can't even see the ground in some places. ill keep you guys updated.
Oh yeah! and instead of starting a new thread for this, ill just throw it in here.
I went to Ace to look at some shoveling equipment because i need some, and found this nice little deal right behind the store. its a nice bank with kinda a bowl corner next to the building.

i bet a guy could wall ride this... man, i need to finish my bike.

just a close up of the bowl corner deal. its taller than a bike so its pretty nice.

Whew, big post. Whatdaya guys think?
Pretty boring as of now, but i like to see before and after pics, so maybe you guys do too? lol.

Last edited: