Quantcast

Here it is, the Reddish Knob trip on the 4th

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
For the Reddish Knob trip I will need several bits of info from those who want to go;
-your name
-your Ridemonkey name
-what vehicle you will be driving
-a contact phone #

If you want to go and have a truck, please bring it so we can shuttle the runs. From what I have been told, smaller vehicles will not do so well on the trip up to the top. And for those who will rely on others for the shuttleing, please bring gas money for the owner of the vehicle.

The plan is to meet here in Charlottesville at the Giant Grocery (PM me for the address) store located in Pantops @ 8am, we will be leaving Giant at 815am to arrive at the super Walmart in Waynesboro by 9am. From there we will drive to H-burg. I know we are going to meet a few others on the way out to H-burg (Bonedoc, Castle), we will work this out.

Any questions? If so send me a PM

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
I'm 99% sure I'll be there with the truck. I need to work out which trailer I'm taking and as soon as I know that I will let ya'll know. I may bring Ralph's trailer for barely five bikes but I'm also gonna ask a friend of mine with a bit larger trailer if we can borrow his and cram more people in the back of the truck.
-T.J.
-mtnbikerboy00 (obviously)
-97 F-150
-698-0780 (cell)

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Pete DeReus
Wannabeabonedoc
1992 Ford Ranger 2 wheel drive tiny cab. If the shuttle road is slick, my truck's pretty much useless. (needs new tires).
I'll be there in Waynesboro with bells on. PM me for the real cell number. Until then:
My cell phone number is 540-867-5309
and as a side note, Stacy's mom has got it goin on

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:
TJ, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER postyour Phone # on the web, Dude! Do you know how many pervs are out there who would love to get ahold of a young boys phone #?

Yeah TJ dont post it on hte web for pervs. PM it staight to the head perv

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
yeah especially if you look anything like that icon mountainbikerboy pervs love that stuff. on a lighter note im really pumped for this weekend. I want to see how fast I am I havent dh in forever

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
I just checked the weather looks like it could be a tad wet it supposed to rain thursday but be sunny and sorta warm friday and then sunny and fifty something on saturday

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
My bad, I figured a cell # would be no biggie, wont happen again so no pervs call me breathing heavily in the middle of the night. haha And yes, I'm metallic yellow and wear a jester hat, always, haha just kiddin bearmtnpicnic, Woody says your a cool guy and I cant wait to ride with someone my own age.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Ian

AKA Tattooo, The Fat kid in the man thong, the man with the gun, he who dry humps dead turtles, a lover of giving facials, and himself who needs a bath and a beer.

I am bringing the Toyota, so I can take two more monkies then just Vanillian. Downside, it 'tain't the four door, so it gets kinda compact in the back.

Wood, can I still crash infront of your home without the neighbors calling the cops when I do my Silence of the Lambs Dance to Christian Rock?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Alright, things are getting down to the line with the Ellsworth. It just MAY not be ready for the weekend. Just in case, I called to secure a Specialized Stumpy Expert from Black Dog bikes in Staunton. There goes another $30 :rolleyes:

hurlykid6900

Chimp
Oct 23, 2005
C-Ville Rep yo
Yo I think I'm in. Charlie is your dad drivin or we ridin with these guys? This will be cool, I just hope my pansy rihno rim holds up. where are you from moutainbikerboy? I also look forward to riding with some my age, but I wouldent count on charlie being your age, hes basicly like a 8 year old.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
You didnt enjoy riding with your elders last weekend?
Is your sig a crack on my shivering in the cold....:think:

Crack....get it......crack......:rofl::D :rofl: Damn! I CRACK myself up!!!!!:rofl: :D:rofl:

I bet you had to get up at the CRACK of dawn to think of that sig!!!:rofl: :D:rofl:

:p

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Woody, what days are you working this week? I'm hoping I'll have everything for the bike by wednesday which gives all of one day before we hit Sherando. I also noticed tonight that my crank seems to be bent. As I'm peddaling in the top ring I noticed it slightly moves back and forth causing the front derailer to rub ever so slightly as it spins to the side. I was doing some uber tiny wuss drops on it the other night. Hopefully it's the bottom bracket which I have to replace for the Ells anyways.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
So that's 8 possible so far. I have a buddy who wants to come too. So count me as 2. Also, tatoooooooooo, bring your demo. I wanna test ride it. I cant afford any bike right now but i wanna see what a trail feels like on a big bike!

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
mud'n'sweat said:
I also noticed tonight that my crank seems to be bent.
Just use the large adjustment tool, a.k.a. a really big hammer. Works every time. :)

I will be driving my dads truck which is a single cab, If Woody drives one of you or both, one can ride with me if you dad will let you. I am also working on a slightly bigger trailer from a friend so I'll give a final answer on that on Wednesday. O, yea Hurleykid, I'm from Richmond.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Mtnbikerboy00 said:
Just use the large adjustment tool, a.k.a. a really big hammer. Works every time. :)

I will be driving my dads truck which is a single cab, If Woody drives one of you or both, one can ride with me if you dad will let you. I am also working on a slightly bigger trailer from a friend so I'll give a final answer on that on Wednesday. O, yea Hurleykid, I'm from Richmond.
hey, I got your jacket and hat...that is is unless Casey or Roderick got to it....:rolleyes:

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
wannabeabonedoc said:
So that's 8 possible so far. I have a buddy who wants to come too. So count me as 2. Also, tatoooooooooo, bring your demo. I wanna test ride it. I cant afford any bike right now but i wanna see what a trail feels like on a big bike!
I'd love to let you rip on it, but there is this strange moratorium on others riding my bikes per the wife. Long story, but she might come ghillie suiting out of the woods if she saw someone else riding Betsy.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I have room for two more beyond Vanillian, just put your crap on before you get in the rig. And bring beer.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
MetalMTB now thats the spirit! You may be broke but you will have a great day of riding regardless with a great group of fellas who will pay you to haul their bikes to the top so it all works out! Look forward to riding with ya!
Are you still looking into schools in Texas? The reason I ask is because my wife is from Texas and I have friends in Austin.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Austin is pretty nice. Check out Twin Parks Country Club for some interesting DH when/if you go.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I'm not sure after the photo fest of last weekend I wanna go anywhere named "Reddish Knob" with any of you.

But, I'm in...

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
psh im not scared off.....im not sure if im going yet..ill find out tomorrow..and hell i wish i could party...but, what happens on the mountain, stays on the mountain..didnt i see that in another thread?..and if you think cuddling and facials scares me off..... i have a cutting off extremities with dull pocket knife fetish..and while tattoo be crashing outside woodys house, i be running around in my birthday suit with a scream mask on, AND a zebra print thong..wood where have you been, i havent seen you or 8 year old in ages, and in ages i mean a while..whoa whoa..i got it..he acts his frame..9.5..but then again..that would mean i act 4.2 :(..one day my young one shall own a norco a-line

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Vanilian, that made even less sense then my crack head neighbor today coming over to borrow crisco to lube his engine with.

Let me know if you need a ride.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
my friend with the truck is not going anymore, but another friend might ride with me. Buttt.......i have a feeling i'm gonna be drivin down there alone. :rolleyes: