Quantcast

Here it is, the Reddish Knob trip on the 4th

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Dartman said:
Who said anything about Wintergreen. Y'all just ASS'umed.

I'm a goin' to Snowshoe West Virginny.

I think I'm with you Dennis on that whole Charlie Foxtrot idea.

Mike
ditto on the Charlie Foxtrot.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
denjen said:
I really hope you guys have fun. This looks like a major cluster fvck in the making. Between all the people and the 15 meeting places you guys will be lucky to make it to the top by 2pm. Again I hope you have fun it just looks like this is going to be quite an adventure.

I bet it will all work out in the end and if we get at least 3 runs down then we tie up with this last weekend. But Dennis, it just won't be the same with out you there :nopity:

And what in the world is a Charlie foxtrot? I was too young for Vietnam

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
wood-dog said:
I bet it will all work out in the end and if we get at least 3 runs down then we tie up with this last weekend.

Hell, at 9 miles per run, you will triple last weekends trail time on one shuttle. :eviltongu

:cool:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
I bet it will all work out in the end and if we get at least 3 runs down then we tie up with this last weekend. But Dennis, it just won't be the same with out you there :nopity:

You will at least have a new audience for your brown and foamy story...:blah:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:

Charlie
l
u
s
t
e
r

foxtrot
v
c
k

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
It shant be a cluster ookie cookie, not on my watch.

If you're there for the first group going up, then you're riding in that truck.

If you're there for the second, second verse, same as the first.

Three, see above.

Four, ok, then you're SOL and jerkin your gerkin in the parking lot waiting for group one to get down and catch you in your shameful exercise in being late and flogging the bishop.

Real simple, I am not waiting around for the shuttle. If you're there and ready to go, game on. If not, eat a rooster.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Seriously, did you knock over a 7/11 every day for months at a time? I thought I had a lot of hardware, but jesus...

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
metalMTB said:
will my demo 8 be able to handle the terrain, or should i bring my demo 9 or v10?

I have heard different things about Reddish Knob. I have heard that it is fast and flowy, with some climbing, no drops, some drops, good for a big hitting bike, good for a XC bike, trails are fast, trails are moderate, blah, blah, blah! But the one thing I have heard over and over is no matter what route we take, there will be some climbing. Not alot of climbing but there will be some. So what I am going to do is bring my vpfree with my 5 inch fork and my dh fork just in case! So you decide what bike to take.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
so should we sum up all this info or what?

Exact place we are meeting (be specific):
Time we are meeting:
Shuttle situation(how are we going to get the shuttles that are already at the top?):
List of all the riders:
How many runs do you think we will get in?
How rough is the terrain?

which of my 15 bikes should i bring?? jk jk

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
screw it, bringing my demo 9, I'll walk the climbs.

Good point, how are we getting the trucks at the top? I could beg the wife to play shuttle bunny, but that means coming up very early Saturday.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Hey Woody, I just sent you a PM telling you i did a little more leg work on finding an all down hill route with basically no climbing, and I think I found one (atleast that's how the topo appears). The only thing is there is no telling it's condition. It looks like it may be well worth at least one run to check into.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
if we have enough shuttles we could bring a couple shuttles up first then do another shuttle then it will be about time for lunch and we can all ride in one car up to the top to get everyones cars and we can eat in the car and rest...

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Okay, some meeting times......

I'm not sure what time everyone agreed to meet in c'ville, but Woody can clarify that one. After that...the guys are meeting me at 9:00 in Waynesboro, we should be on the highway again no later than 9:10ish. Meeting Wannabebonedoc at exit just bareley north of the I81/64W interchange at the Cracker Barrell which will take another 5-10 tops and then that should put us at the bridgewater exit at about 9:40.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
BUCKET said:
What trails are you riding? If it's Flagpole - then Wood-dog has ridden that one.
Brad, there is no F***ing way we are doing Flagpole! We will be on the other side of that location. As a matter of fact, why don't you meet up with us and show us where the good runs are at since you are a local, or at least know the place reeeaaaallllyyy well!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Just so everyone knows, I am blowing out at no later then 2:30, have to get back here to play Navy Husband.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
wood-dog said:
Brad, there is no F***ing way we are doing Flagpole! We will be on the other side of that location. As a matter of fact, why don't you meet up with us and show us where the good runs are at since you are a local, or at least know the place reeeaaaallllyyy well!
Unfortunately, Flagpole is the easiest trail in the area to shuttle. What trails are you looking at? Reddish Knob is an area - not a trail.

Health reasons are keeping me from riding anywhere right now.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
what trails.... I have no idea, but that is where mud'n'sweat is comming in. He is the one who has been up there and has been doing all the research lately.
Whats up with your health? Nothing serious I hope!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=OMjCfecYlZA%3d&1g=K5LKXHLhpnc%3d&1pl=&1v=CITY&1n=Fairfax&1pn=&1a=&1c=Centreville&1s=VA&1z=&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=bridgewater&2s=va&2z=&panelbtn=2

Try this link :)

1: Start out going WEST on LEE HWY / US-29 S toward BRADDOCK RD. 1.0 miles Map

2: Merge onto I-66 W toward FRONT ROYAL. 51.9 miles Map

3: Merge onto I-81 S via EXIT 1A on the LEFT toward ROANOKE. 60.7 miles Map

4: Take the VA-257 / VA-682 exit- EXIT 240- toward MT CRAWFORD / BRIDGEWATER. 0.2 miles Map

5: Turn RIGHT onto VA-257 W / FRIEDENS CHURCH RD. Continue to follow VA-257 W. 3.2 miles Map

6: Turn LEFT onto VA-42 / N MAIN ST. 0.1 miles Map

7: End at Bridgewater, VA US

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
wood-dog said:
what trails.... I have no idea, but that is where mud'n'sweat is comming in. He is the one who has been up there and has been doing all the research lately.
Whats up with your health? Nothing serious I hope!
Nope - nothing serious.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Bucket, we were thinking of doing Timber ridge, or one of the chutes that head straight down toward the resevoir on briery branch rd. Basically, dropping off at the reddish knob lookout.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
mud'n'sweat said:
Bucket, we were thinking of doing Timber ridge, or one of the chutes that head straight down toward the resevoir on briery branch rd. Basically, dropping off at the reddish knob lookout.
You do know the rode to the top is one lane? If you have a trailer, then it's gonna be a nightmare getting it to the top - especially if you meet someone coming down the rode and there is no outlet close. Have you ridden those trails before?