Quantcast

Here we go again...Ti Spring for DHX 5.0 - 95.x3.0

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
So I just bought/Ordered a Yeti 303 for a January or February delivery date with the Fox DHX 5.0 - 9.5" x 3.0"
Now Since I'm gathering all of my parts for the build, I decided that I wanted to go ahead and order a Ti Spring for said Shock.
I call up Darren at PUSH and he tells me that he does not know of anyone that makes one and he at some point may have some made. I then call up RCS and they tell me that they do not make one either for said shock. So, After riding a Ti spring for the last 2 years I cannot bear the fact of riding a steel spring. The difference is huge in my book. A friend refers me to search the :monkey: and so i attempt to search said terms but apparently most of the data was purged from the database a few weeks back. A friend tells me that there has been many discussions on fitting a Progressive Ti spring to a DHX. After searching and looking around, I can't find any information about this subject.

So please tell me if this will work or not?

Please don't be an ahole and flame me over this subject.
Just a Simple yes or no and a little bit of experience or information will suffice.
Thanks.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
auntesther said:
friend of mine has been running the Ti spring off his 5th element on his DHX for almost a year and no issues rubbing or otherwise

Good luck getting one. I called Progressive back in June trying to get a Ti spring in a different rate and I was told they are no longer sourcing them. That doesn't mean they don't have any left though but applications may be limited.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I ended up getting a Ti Spring for my DHX from Go-Ride.com
Chris and Vaughn over there is are great guys and always very helpful. I'd mention the rest of them, but I dunno their names.
But I always have good experiences with Go-Ride.
Not to mention, they all have great knowledge of DH and FR Stuff. Go-Ride has a ton of stuff in stock and get you hooked up no matter what.

I definately give them :thumb: :thumb:

Rafael-DH

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Brazil
i use a manitou 550lbsx3.0" Ti spring on a DHX 5.0.
But i ride a Turner DHR, so it has external reservoir.
I dont know if you are going to have any issue with the Manitou Spring and the reservoir. I dont think so.
I'm pretty much sure that you are going to be ok with a manitou spring.
See ya

Dusty Bottoms

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Santa Monica
What spring rate are you looking to use?

I ride a #500 x 2.8 ti spring on my DHX and it has a wider outer diameter than the stock steel spring. I had to remove the blue bottom out knob on the resovoir to make room for the spring. Wherever you get the spring, make sure they allow returns so you can make sure everything fits.

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
auntesther said:
friend of mine has been running the Ti spring off his 5th element on his DHX for almost a year and no issues rubbing or otherwise
word. one of the team riders did the same thing. worked like a charm.