Quantcast

Here's Some Free Music!

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
No need for lengthy introductions - everyone loves to receive free music so why don't we just jump right into things:

First, from my birthplace of Atlanta, we have an awesome collection of electronic music from Georgia Tech radio station WREK. WREK is one of the finest radio stations in the world and this collection is featured on a website for one of their shows entitled The Mobius. These are big chunks of quality electronic music, mixed and played commercial free with minimal DJ interruption. Check out the setlists - some amazing stuff gets played. You can also stream most of the sets before you download to preview them!

WREK's The Mobius

Next from my new hometown of Washington DC we've got a whole friggin' page full of MP3 funk, soul and R&B mixes, courtesy of some of DC's finest. These guys play at a lot of clubs around town so if you live in DC or are visiting, definitely check them out!

FunkDC.com

On a similar vein is Sir Shambling's Deep Soul Heaven. This is a somewhat scattered but great site featuring some great music. This is classic, rare soul you probably have never heard.

Deep Soul Heaven

The Matador Records site features a ton of awesome music, all from the great label of the same name. You can find everything here from Mission of Burma to Pavement to Yo La Tengo.

Matador

There's always tons of free music available at Etree! Most of these are bootlegs of jam style bands. Pretty much everything is downloadable except the Dead shows, which are streaming only.

Etree

Insound! From this site you've got a ton of free mp3s to download and you can also purchase music directly from the site.

Insound

Entire albums of Brian Jonestown Massacre for free, directly from the band's own website in large zip files! How generous of them! BJM rocks!

Brian Jonestown Massacre

There are tons of free Ween tracks on their Chocodog site. These are available through bit torrent technology using their own Brown Tracker 1.0 Ween is a kick ass band! You will need a bit torrent client for this stuff.

Ween music!

And from Ween we go to Negativland, one of the most intense live bands you will ever see!

Here are links to their controversial U2 single:

U2 Single

And here you can find two tracks from their newest album, coincidentally enough, about downloading music!

No Business

Most people know of this one but here is Creative Commons.

There's also tons of free Creative Commons licensed music (and films) at Legal Torrents

And on the opposite side of the spectrum you've got Amazon.com's page featuring free downloads!

Amazon Free Music

Tons of free Butthole Surfers tracks! Nothing makes me miss having a full head of acid more!

Butthole Surfers

Here's some punk courtesy of Fat Wreck Chords:

Fat Wreck Chords

You can always find quality stuff available on Epitonic.com! I forgot all about this site until now.

Epitonic

Very strange, yet incredibly awesome yodeling from an awesome band called Stimmhorn. This is sure to put you in a great mood!

Sitmmhorn

I am tired now! Feel free to share!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ween sucks. i was once at a building to see Leftover Crack, and Ween was playing in the venue above (the building was like 3 rock clubs/venues on top of each other). When the show let out there were tons of cops outside, and we automatically assumed it was for the LOC kids and were about to start running. Then we saw some girl sitting on the ground against the building. Apparently she went to Ween and OD'd on morphine or some stupid **** like that. She was pale as a ghost and looked half dead. And that's what you get for listening to Ween.