Quantcast

Here's someone the liberals can trust...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

Farrakhan visits Charlotte, criticizes federal response
07:13 PM EDT on Monday, September 12, 2005
By ANNA CROWLEY / 6NEWS

Minister Louis Farrakhan was very critical of the Red Cross and FEMA response to hurricane Katrina.

Minister Louis Farrakhan was in Charlotte Monday to rally support for his Millions More March. However, he did have some choice words about the response to Hurricane Katrina victims, some of whom are staying at the Charlotte Coliseum.

Farrakhan's been traveling across the country to visit shelters like the one that is set up at the coliseum. He said he's not happy with the job the American Red Cross is doing.

He had harsh words for FEMA too. But that was just the warm up. Farrakhan also shared his thoughts on how the levee breached in the first place.

"I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry," Farrakhan said.

Gilton Balanos lived in the very neighborhood Farrakhan was talking about.

"I think that's ludicrous," Balanos said. "When this happened we were caught by surprise. Individuals, the government and everybody were caught by surprise."

Farrakhan also said that the Red Cross’ response to the disaster was inadequate. Red Cross Spokesperson Pam Daigle said "there was no basis for the criticism."

As for the issue of how the Red Cross spends money and on whom, Daigle said "the Red Cross’ books are open for anyone who wants to see the audits, who wants to see how we spend money."

"I'm sure some good is being done, but not enough to answer the cry." Farrakhan said.

Some evacuees who spoke to 6NEWS said they support Farrakhan and his look into what happened in New Orleans and other affected areas.

President Bush said Monday that Hurricane Katrina did not discriminate and neither will recovery efforts.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
It doesn't matter who you are, or which party you're with, or where your perspective is coming from:

Everyone knows that dude is nuts.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
No Proof Farrakhan Didn't Blow Up New Orleans' Levees
Current Events/Dennis Campbell

September 24, 2005 - Noodles was agitated. “This is hot,” he breathed into the phone in that dramatic, cinematic way of his.

“No, this is red hot. This is…this is nuclear.”

OK, tell me about it.

“It’s about those levees in New Orleans, you know, the ones they say the Klan or white supremacists or George W. Bush’s cousins blew up so they’d kill a lot of black folks.”

Old story. Not interested.

“No, no, this is new – the rumor is the levees was dynamited by Louis Farrakhan.”

Louis himself humped dynamite to the levees and detonated it? Please.

“Not him personally, dummy. His guys. What do they call them…Fruits of Islam or something.”

Um, I think they’re called….

“Don’t matter. Rumor is these dudes blew up the levee, or levees, or whatever.”

Now, why would they do that? Kill their own people?

“Man, you are slow. So they can blame it on George Bush, or at least white folks. Just like they already done -- Farrakhan said white folks did it to make sure lots of black folks died, and to protect white neighborhoods.”

Noodles, what kind of proof do you have?

“Well, supposedly someone saw some of those Farrakhan dudes down there actin’ strange just before the hurricane. And someone says they heard an explosion, and supposedly a diver saw some kinda bomb residue under the water.”

That’s pretty flimsy. Who are these people?

“I don’t know, but you got any proof it ain’t true?”

Our system doesn’t work that way, Noodles. It….

“It does now. I think they did it, and if you have any proof they didn’t, I want to know what it is. It could be true.”

It could be true that Al Gore is a Martian in a human disguise.

“Yeah, I heard that, too.”

I just made that up, Noodles. I think Al Gore is human. He just acts like he’s from another planet.

“Whatever. Hey, there’s more to this story. Rumor is that New Orleans mayor, what’s-his-name….”

Ray Nagin.

“Yeah, him. Seems he ain’t as bone-deep dumb as he makes out. What I hear is, he let those buses sit ‘cause he didn’t want those people rescued.”

You are as crazy as Al Gore, Noodles. Why on earth….

“Him and Jesse Jackson and those other bozos planned it all so’s a bunch of black people would die and they could blame George Bush.”

And you know this because….?

“Hey, I hear talk on the street. You got any proof it ain’t true? If so, let me hear it.”

I don’t have to prove it’s not true, Noodles. You have to prove….

“Don’t give me that. I heard it, and I believe it could be. We oughta have a investigation. Nobody’s got any proof this ain’t true.”

Well, isn’t it more likely that the levees failed because Louisiana politicians diverted tens of millions of dollars away from repairing them, using the money for their own pet projects?

“Well, I don’t know about that….”

And does it not make more sense that many people died because Nagin and the rest of the city officials simply did not follow their own emergency plan?

“Well, maybe. But…”

And isn’t it more likely that more blacks were affected because New Orleans was predominantly black?

“OK, you make some good points. But I still think that Farrakhan, Nagin and all them may have been behind those levees being blowed up.”

Noodles, how do you know they were blown up?

“Because Farrakhan says they were.”

Well, that’s a reliable source.

“And I believe they were blowed up by black folks to embarrass the president.”

Why do you believe that?

“Well, because, that’s why. And you can’t prove any different.”

It’s crazy, Noodles.

“Maybe. But this is America, dude. Crazy is cool. Just ask Howard Dean.”

Point taken.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Of course some retards bash religious folk yet believe that no airliner hit the WTC or the Pentagon... (no names mentioned...)

:p

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
N8 said:
Of course some retards bash religious folk yet believe that no airliner hit the WTC or the Pentagon... (no names mentioned...)

:p
Please at least tell us which straws you are grabbing at so we can tell you how far off you are.

Where are you going with this?