Quantcast

Here's what I did Saturday...

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
http://www.velonews.com/article/87404

I raced against Floyd in the snow. Man it sucked, but was cool racing with a bunch of pro's and kind of staying with them. It was almost surreal racing with a dude who I jumped up and down in front of the TV to cheer on in the 2006 Tour. I ended up staying with the group containing Floyd until about 4 miles to go when some attacks came and I got shelled. I rolled in at 24th. Not that the pace was blistering on the climbs, but it wasn't what I would call super easy, and Floyd was just BS'ing with his teammates. A war of attrition for sure; snow was not in the forecast.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Awesome!! Looks damn cold...that would be cool to race against Floyd. Did he look fit? How was his team holding up? I'm curious to see how he does at the ToC

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Yeah he looked fit and pretty lean from what I could tell. The rest of the team was in the group except for one guy in the break, so they were just cruising with no intention of chasing one of their own down.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Here are some pics my buddy took:
End of the first lap

Floyd

MtnbikeMike

Floyd with teammates

Chasing Floyd's group at the end of the third lap(we caught them on the downhill a little further up the road)

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
How was the bike? Wasn't that your first race on it? Did the carbon wheels cut through the snow? :p

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
This was my 3rd on it and my 5th time riding it and it was awesome. The ride is so smooth and it's very responsive under acceleration. The carbon wheels filled with water and probably slowed me down. Now I have no idea how to get the water out because there is no drain hole in the rim and there is no way in hell I'm going to try and reglue those yatches.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
This was my 3rd on it and my 5th time riding it and it was awesome. The ride is so smooth and it's very responsive under acceleration. The carbon wheels filled with water and probably slowed me down. Now I have no idea how to get the water out because there is no drain hole in the rim and there is no way in hell I'm going to try and reglue those yatches.
Don't worry. The water will kill the integrity of the glue and they'll roll off. Then you can drain them. :D