Quantcast

Heritage Square DH????

Jump Jumper

Chimp
Mar 28, 2004
i hear that mabe heritage square will open their lift to mountian bikes, i dont know if its true tho. anyone know anything.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
I know the owner of the stuff up there stopped Kendall from Full Tilt Cyclery one day on Apex and asked him to write a purposal to open up the lift to bikes and wanted locals to build the trails. I don't know how much further than that it got but I know the guy up there was interested.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
DHblur said:
I know the owner of the stuff up there stopped Kendall from Full Tilt Cyclery one day on Apex and asked him to write a purposal to open up the lift to bikes and wanted locals to build the trails. I don't know how much further than that it got but I know the guy up there was interested.

It was kinda sketchy when that happened, we thought Kendall was getting told by a pissed off hiker. That's the last I heard of it too though. Apparently Lafarge owns the land and the owner (I think) was the guy who talked to Kendall. Seems psyched about having DH/FR trails out there. :thumb:

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Pfff... I'll be less than 2 miles from there after my move. I'd buy a season pass if they did. The only thing is it's not very long in comparison to Vail or Keystone. But hey, it's also not a 2 hour drive :D

Jump Jumper

Chimp
Mar 28, 2004
it an old "funcenter" type of thing in between morrison and i-70. and i think that is privately owned

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
you know instead of dreaming about ideas like these you could just come up to my place and build all you want. right now. like tomorrow and the rest of the season. and the winter. and years to come. without worry of closure. seriously i mean it. just try it once. i guarantee you will build here constantly if you just checked out the property.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
dream4est said:
you know instead of dreaming about ideas like these you could just come up to my place and build all you want. right now. like tomorrow and the rest of the season. and the winter. and years to come. without worry of closure. seriously i mean it. just try it once. i guarantee you will build here constantly if you just checked out the property.
Mark, I'm making sure that we stop at your land for a atleast a while tomorrow. I'll give you a call at some point. My number is 719-494-7716

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Yeah but you gotta think that exploring an option like this is crucial. Having lift accessed DH 15 minutes from downtown Denver and surrounding areas would be unreal! Plus if I remember right, your land just doesn't have the vertical it takes to make a solid DH race course/run. I do want to come up and dig and check it out sometime though. Maybe once things settle down on the race circuit we can do that.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
DHblur said:
Yeah but you gotta think that exploring an option like this is crucial. Having lift accessed DH 15 minutes from downtown Denver and surrounding areas would be unreal! Plus if I remember right, your land just doesn't have the vertical it takes to make a solid DH race course/run. I do want to come up and dig and check it out sometime though. Maybe once things settle down on the race circuit we can do that.
your always welcome. my land has more vert than you think. at least 500 ft over 4000+ ft trail corridor. similar to heritage. and steeper with a great gently sloped area for dj's. i agree that heritage would kick ass.
blur my property will never be a fast dh course but the initial singletrack i have built is mad techy and steep. the layout goes like this:
a singletrack dh. steep at first to a gentle area (for dj's). then steep again on the side slope. total trail length will be 3/4 to 7/8 mile. alongside the trail im building stunts and stunt transfer lines that will be seperate trails. some of those will be as long as 3000 ft. the main transfer is 9ft hip drop to 6 ft hip drop (both are on steep slopes) to 12 ft rock drop to 40x12 step down to road gap to dirt jump line. however due to me being busy with a new job only the first stunt is near completion (im working hard to make each stunt original and techy). i will have next weekend off and im off from the 20th to 26th.
if you and your racer friends want to build im down. free riding for many years. im looking at the big picture with this and if a group of racers wants to use it for practice or just fun (but cant really build a lot until sept/oct/nov) im up for it.
ill have a dirt jump set up at my house soon and the first few stunts will be ready soon. i also have worked a lot on a 35 foot road gap with a 25 foot dub in super tight rhythm right before it. will end in a long wallride. it should be an amazing line but i have run into dry conditions so we will have to truck water up the hill to solidify new dirt piles.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
COmtbiker12 said:
mark sorry I didn't go up today, one of us had to be back in Denver early and my transportation was out of my hands. :p
whats the deal for tomorrow? are you guys going to vail?

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Cool Mark, thanks for the offer. I really thought that it had less vert than that but we may be able to work with it if that's the case. I'll make contact with you when things settle down a little bit. I set my school schedule for the fall yesterday and I only have 2 days of classes a week!!!! I love college already.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Isn't that place only like 600 feet of vert? It would be ulta rad to just make a big lift-accessed 4x course out there, as there aren't any trees.

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
This is chris, kendell's son. When we met the guy at apex he said he was very interested in running the lifts at Heritage Square for downhill use. He and my dad exchanged numbers but we still have yet to hear from him and my dad lost his number. Kendell still is intrested in finding the guy and he is excited to see all the support he is getting from people on this thread. This would be a great oppertunity for all of the colorado downhillers and i think it could be made possible at a very reasonable cost. Hopefully when the season comes to an end and the shop slows down a bit we will find a way to contact the land manager and start building trails.I will be shure to keep everyone posted.