Quantcast

hex games

Sep 17, 2003
is anyone else out there thoroughly disgusted at the x games atmosphere generated by those who want to "further" our sport. i am not bashing or trying to flame, but it makes my stomach wrench when i just downloaded some vid of last years "urban sprawl", to here the hoots and hollers of non-riders (or riders) for that matter. so a guy drops off a 3 foot skinny and the crowd goes wild. is this good for my pastime? i dont consider it a sport, because i am not competing against anyone. just riding with my bros and trying to improve myself.
I am in raleigh and most certainly will not be going to asheville to ride the "street" contest....last time i rode street there were no kickers or fun boxes, just cars and pedestrians to avoid....
just ranting .....

ridding with my bros...

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Eh. Why does it bother you at all? Keep doing what you're doing and don't worry about how popular things get... or don't get.

I've stopped worrying about what the unwashed masses think of BMX or riding in general, and I'm probably better off as a result.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I'm not sure I see your parallel between the X games and the Asheville street comp.

The X games is a giant corporate money machine brainchild of ESPN, with the goal of making money by whoring out athletes.

The Asheville street comp is a contest run by riders, for riders, and I would be very surprised if they make much money from it.