Quantcast

Hey all you Ebay Watchers!!!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Hey Monkey's....I just had my DH bike and my FR rig jacked out of my garage on Saturday Feb. 11th....Sooooo, if you would be so kind as to let me know if you see these bikes pop up on your daily rounds of the ebay Deals & Steals Cruise, that would be awesome! I'll be checking too, but the more eyes the better. Thanks!!!

Here's a complete spec list of both bikes...I'll try to attach photos as well. If you see them, please PM me as soon as possible.

Frame 2002 Rotec DH 9
Fork 2002 Marzocchi Monster T
Shock 2003 Fox Vanilla RC w/ PUSH upgrade
Bars Azonic DoubleWall
Stem Titec
Front Rim Arrow DHX 26"
Front Tire Arrow Ramped Bite 2.5" Slow React
Front Hub Hadley 20mm Thru
Rear Rim Arrow DHX 26"
Rear Tire Arrow Ramped Bite 2.5" Slow React
Rear Hub Hadley 12mm 108pt.
Brakes Magura Gustav M F-(210mm) R-(203mm) w/Brake Therapy Floating Arm
Rear Derailleur SRAM X-9
Rear Shifter SRAM X-9 Triggers
Chain SRAM PC69
Seatpost Syncros
Saddle SDG Grand Prix
Headset FSA SkyPilot
Bottom Bracket FSA Utilimax
Cranks Truvativ Holzfeller 4-bolt
Pedals Shimano DX 647
Chain Guide MRP System 1 & Evil SRS Bash Guard
Front Chain Ring Azonic 40T DH Ring
Rear Cassette SRAM PG-960
Grips ODI Ruffian Lock-ons

Frame 2004 Cove G-Spot
Fork 2005 Marzocchi 66RC
Shock Romic D (Red Spring...800lb.)
Bars Answer ProTaper
Stem Truvativ Holzfeller (75mm)
Front Rim Sun SingleTrack
Front Tire Arrow Ramped Bite 2.5" Slow-React
Front Hub Hadley 20mm Thru
Rear Rim Arrow FRX 26"
Rear Tire Arrow Prime Wide 2.3"
Rear Hub Hadley 10mm Thru Axle
Brakes Magura Louise FR F-210mm R-190mm
Front Derailluer Shimano XT
Front Shifter SRAM X-9 Triggers
Rear Derailleur SRAM X-9
Rear Shifter SRAM X-9 Triggers
Chain SRAM PC-59
Seatpost RaceFace Diablous
Saddle WTB Speed V
Headset FSA SkyPilot
Bottom Bracket RaceFace Diablous
Cranks RaceFace Diablous
Pedals Shimano DX 647
Chain Guide E-Thirteen Guard w/ MRP LRP Dual System
Front Chain Rings Salsa 24 & 36
Rear Cassette SRAM PG-970
Grips ODI Rogue Lock-ons

Here are the pics...

The ONLY differences from the pictures of the Rotec is that it now has a 26" on the rear, a Brake Therapy floating arm, and wavy rotors

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Let your LBS's know. A lot of the time a thief will not know what they have stolen, and look to a shop for answers.

And a daily search of your local Craigslist may help.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Let your LBS's know. A lot of the time a thief will not know what they have stolen, and look to a shop for answers.

And a daily search of your local Craigslist may help.
Yeah. Already got the local lbs's and pawn shops with their eyes open...

robdamanii said:
Sucks. Dude, set up an advanced search for you bike names or something like that and have it e-mail you when new items appear.

My $.02.
Hmmm....good idea. I'll do that right now!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stinkyboy said:
QUOTE]
that is how I got my stolen bike back... I had put my name etc. on a piece of paper and put it in the BB... when it was stolen... I told all the local shops to be on the look out for it... it showed up a few days later across town... the shop called me and tried to keep the guy there but I couldn't get there in time... the guy bolted but left the bike... I had already been paid by my Home Owners insurance co. for it, and when I called them to tell them that I got it back they just said keep it... (the guy didn't want to do all the paperwork?) :)

I wish you LUCK... those are some nice rigs!!!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
At least these won't be hard to spot. It's not like there are a million Rotec's running around. Or G-Spots for that matter.

That sucks, but will keep an eye out for sure. Good luck.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
rpk1988 said:
You put all your info in the BB!!! Thats smart.
are you being sarcastic? if so :blah: if not it does help because most bike thieves wont have a BB tool and if the thing ever shows up in a shop a mechanic can pop it out if they know to look there!!! It worked for me!!! but only because the bike was fairly rare, and the shop was told to look for it!!!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
brungeman said:
are you being sarcastic? if so :blah: if not it does help because most bike thieves wont have a BB tool and if the thing ever shows up in a shop a mechanic can pop it out if they know to look there!!! It worked for me!!! but only because the bike was fairly rare, and the shop was told to look for it!!!
I'm definitely going to do that from now on! That's good input. Thx!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Sorry to hear that your bikes were stolen. I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for them on the Internet. Do you think the thief or thieves targeted your bikes or do you think it was a crime of opportunity? If you think that it was a crime of opportunity, go to some local pawn shops with the pictures.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Hey SS,

I am pulling for you....it is scary how close our bikes look to each other....most MTB riders can tell the difference but from the casual observer....dang.

Hope you get them back.

Hmm don't have any current pics scanned. :eek: For those who don't know I live like less than 10 miles form him and have a White Roetc with a silver mast, now I have a Monster on it, even an Evil Sticker near the BB. ....don't beat me up! ;) Here is the best side pic (still crappy) of my white Rotec

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
RhinofromWA said:
Hey SS,

I am pulling for you....it is scary how close our bikes look to each other....most MTB riders can tell the difference but from the casual observer....dang.

Hope you get them back.

Hmm don't have any current pics scanned. :eek: For those who don't know I live like less than 10 miles form him and have a White Roetc with a silver mast, now I have a Monster on it, even an Evil Sticker near the BB. ....don't beat me up! ;) Here is the best side pic (still crappy) of my white Rotec
Yeah....but mine has (had...:angry: ) better brakes!!!:blah:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Secret Squirrel said:
Yeah....but mine has (had...:angry: ) better brakes!!!:blah:
I still have the old school Gustavs (circa 99ish) that I took off my Rotec to replace with the Hayes.

You need them for cheap? I have extra pads and stuff. I am not using them.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
RhinofromWA said:
I still have the old school Gustavs (circa 99ish) that I took off my Rotec to replace with the Hayes.

You need them for cheap? I have extra pads and stuff. I am not using them.
Oh god...not the "Green I can see from space" ones...?? Although they would look pretty hawt on my BRAND NEW ROTEC!!!....hmm...they might be good back up brakes...in case i blow a line er somethin' at a race.

I'll let ya know once I get the check...thx!:)