Quantcast

hey all....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I like 'em, but they seem too heavily post-processed. The color is unnaturally bright and saturated and there are some halos (especially apparent in the second picture).

There's a magical line between rich, contrasted colors and looking like someone cranked up your TV's saturation too high :) - look in the second shot, see how the red shirts and that girl's pink shirt almost glow?

Good shots, though! What are you shooting with?

binary visions said:
I like 'em, but they seem too heavily post-processed. The color is unnaturally bright and saturated and there are some halos (especially apparent in the second picture).

There's a magical line between rich, contrasted colors and looking like someone cranked up your TV's saturation too high :) - look in the second shot, see how the red shirts and that girl's pink shirt almost glow?

Good shots, though! What are you shooting with?
Cool thanks BV!
thats what i was looking for! I was playing with levels and wasnt sure if they looked good or not....heres another...

I used a buddied Nikon D70, but I just bought a D100 last week...

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
maybe try a different lens. they are nice and sharp, but too sharp. if you have a wider lens, move in closer and down (like where the other guy is standing in the gap) or use a long zoom, get way back, and use your depth of field to blur out the guys in the BG. The crowd is a little too sharp for my taste, which makes it distracting. but you've got the timing well done in the "just right" moment to capture the image. I agree that the saturation is a little popped. I'd like to see NO processing, but maybe shoot with a polarizer filter, or maybe jsut punch up the blues in the sky a bit.

just some creative critiques

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think you're compressing your .jpgs a little bit too much. There's some compression artifacts in your images.

I'd be more inclined to make the file smaller before I went higher on the compression.

Here's a quick (I'm at work so I can't work on it too long) touchup on that last image. I'd also apply some unsharp masking, except for the fact that there are jpg artifacts which will look really ugly if you sharpen them.