Quantcast

Hey AOLerz!!!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
hahaha. Been there, done that w/ directv.

After forever on the phone, they finally said "fine". Then 6 months later I get a bill for $90 saying that my account had restarted and that I owe them money. They said I only "Suspended" the account, and that it was turned back on w/ no notification after a certain time. Even though when I called i told them I was cancelling cause I was moving.
So they turned on service to a house I no longer lived in w/ no dish and no reciever, w/out my permission AND charged me for it.

I ended up having to pay for it so it wouldnt go on my credit.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BurlyShirley said:
After forever on the phone, they finally said "fine". Then 6 months later I get a bill for $90 saying that my account had restarted and that I owe them money.

<snip>

I ended up having to pay for it so it wouldnt go on my credit.
I had a wireless internet service at my apartment that took three freakin' phone calls to get shut off, each one telling me it was shut off, and each time I received a bill a month later.

I was pretty pissy by the third call, but I never ended up having to pay anything at least.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
binary visions said:
I had a wireless internet service at my apartment that took three freakin' phone calls to get shut off, each one telling me it was shut off, and each time I received a bill a month later.

I was pretty pissy by the third call, but I never ended up having to pay anything at least.
I probably could've gotten out of it, but I told them to shove the bill up their a$$ for too long, and it had gone to collections by the time I really got concerned about it. So it was either pay the $90 or have to pay someone to have something stupid taken off my credit. Stupid on my part.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I got my first computer I signed up for a free month of AOL, so I could search for other ISP's. I canceled before the first month was up but was charged anyway. It took 6 months of constant phone calls but they still kept charging me. The only way I ever got around it was having my CC company block them from charging my account. Last year ago I got a letter asking if I wanted to participate in a class action lawsuit against AOL. By then I had lost all the paperwork and didn't want to deal with it.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
AOL rules. I couldn't go a day without it surfing the internet for me. I just think, and it takes me where I want to go.

:rolleyes:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Had the same problem with my Dell desktop when I got it 5 years ago. AOL came pre-installed, and this was before I had cable intarweb, so I used it for the free month. Called to have it cancelled, and they claimed ot have, but was still billed. 4 months later I threatened to call the BBB on them, and finally got the account terminated.

AOL CD's can make excellent Martha Stewart-ish Coaster projects though...