Quantcast

Hey Brian HCM#1....

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Mike B. said:
Shame on you N8, no ti caliper mounting bolts! It sure looks like steel rotor bolts as well.
...well, if you want ti bolts on your brakes, go ahead. just don't convince anyone else to do it...

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Hopes are overrated.

Actually, not only is Brian a dealer of them, he's also damn good at bleedin the stupid things too. I can never get mine perfect, everytime he's bled it for me, I always ride away happy. Btw, I'll be needin some EBC's soon!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
3 things about your bike

1. I would have done a Rasta or rootbeer theme with all those anodized parts.

2. Hope rotor bolts suck donkey, replace them with Hayes or Magura botls before one breaks off in your fancy pants I-9 hubs

3. Bontrager parts, really?

Otherwise very nice, but you now must buy a Wipperman chain, and a Ti cog to complete it.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Nobody said:
...well, if you want ti bolts on your brakes, go ahead. just don't convince anyone else to do it...
Why would you be concerned? The steel bolts are only grade 8.8 anyway which has the same shear strength as normal titanium fasteners. Add to the fact that the post mount to IS adapter bolts are acting only in tension, not shear.

It's not like I suggested aluminum bolts like we do for the pros, which by the way work fine as well. I just wouldn't recommend them to your average rider.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
maxyedor said:
3 things about your bike

1. I would have done a Rasta or rootbeer theme with all those anodized parts.

2. Hope rotor bolts suck donkey, replace them with Hayes or Magura botls before one breaks off in your fancy pants I-9 hubs

3. Bontrager parts, really?

Otherwise very nice, but you now must buy a Wipperman chain, and a Ti cog to complete it.
I have never had problems with Hope bolts, just grease each bolt and you'll never have a problem with them.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
DLo said:
Hopes are overrated.

Actually, not only is Brian a dealer of them, he's also damn good at bleedin the stupid things too. I can never get mine perfect, everytime he's bled it for me, I always ride away happy. Btw, I'll be needin some EBC's soon!
That's cause I'm the best ever!!!!!:cool:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Brian HCM#1 said:
You're just jealous.
dude, you're hyping a product that you're personally selling, thats SPAM. Ethically speaking its immoral. It was fine when I thought you where an enthusiast, but you're not, you're a dealer. You are using the forum in a way that benefits you on a monetary level.

You don't see me hyping Laek House on the forums past the link in my sig.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Tame Ape said:
dude, you're hyping a product that you're personally selling, thats SPAM. Ethically speaking its immoral. It was fine when I thought you where an enthusiast, but you're not, you're a dealer. You are using the forum in a way that benefits you on a monetary level.

OMFG... Monkey down... Monkey DOWN!!!!!! Someone call a WAAAAAAbulance!!!!

:rofl:

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Tame Ape said:

***brrrrrink!*** Wrong answer! But thank you for playing!

:rolleyes:

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Tame Ape said:
He provides more support and advice on this site than he makes back in profit.

That doesn't count as Unethical or Immoral. This community was based largely on co-support. You may not have been here in the early days, but that's where it started.

Both Ethics and Morality are defined by the community. Since Brian's been doing this for several years, the Community has decided that it is with it's accepted boundaries of behavior.

When I get my cookbook finalized and ready to sell, and one or two Monkeys take pity on me and buy it, do I have to delete all my posts on how to flip a friggin' omelet? Do I undo about 400 hours of helping people make better food choices?

Nope.

Sorry, just felt like being a nit-picker today.

I'm off for some care-free toy shopping.

:love:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well, from N8's thread it was obvious that a bunch of people didn't even know brian sold Hopes. and it's like he's either putting ads in the Buy/Sell forum, or after posting some technical info on setup, specs, etc , that he's also sticking in a sentence saying 'BUY THEM FROM ME'.

fact is, there are a lot of industry-connected people who post here, and talk about products they are involved with. this isn't the same as spam.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
narlus said:
well, from N8's thread it was obvious that a bunch of people didn't even know brian sold Hopes. and it's like he's either putting ads in the Buy/Sell forum, or after posting some technical info on setup, specs, etc , that he's also sticking in a sentence saying 'BUY THEM FROM ME'.

fact is, there are a lot of industry-connected people who post here, and talk about products they are involved with. this isn't the same as spam.
Also, in my opinion, the BUY FROM ME is a gag. It's so obvious that it's like the bald 40-something with a comb-over trying to get the hot Latina to do the Samba - in a word, self-parodiying...

snicker.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Nobody said:
Also, in my opinion, the BUY FROM ME is a gag. It's so obvious that it's like the bald 40-something with a comb-over trying to get the hot Latina to do the Samba - in a word, self-parodiying...

snicker.
that was a typo on my part...should have read that he's NOT saying 'buy from me'. all he has is 'BUY HOPES'. so he's a homer, big deal. plenty of them around these parts.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Nobody said:
He provides more support and advice on this site than he makes back in profit.

That doesn't count as Unethical or Immoral. This community was based largely on co-support. You may not have been here in the early days, but that's where it started.

Both Ethics and Morality are defined by the community. Since Brian's been doing this for several years, the Community has decided that it is with it's accepted boundaries of behavior.

When I get my cookbook finalized and ready to sell, and one or two Monkeys take pity on me and buy it, do I have to delete all my posts on how to flip a friggin' omelet? Do I undo about 400 hours of helping people make better food choices?

Nope.

Sorry, just felt like being a nit-picker today.

I'm off for some care-free toy shopping.

:love:
not to mention Brian is very very understated in his 'advertising' since a lot of us did even have a clue about it.... :p

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
N8 said:
not to mention Brian is very very understated in his 'advertising' since a lot of us did even have a clue about it.... :p
Oh yeah, Brian needs some serious help in promoting his services.

Hell, a blind, arthritic chicken with a broken crayon could do a better job.

->insert volunteer smiley here<-

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Okay, from now on guys, you are not allowed to have any opinions on any products you are affiliated with.

That means that all the various shop people or bike manufacturer affiliates on here are no longer allowed to review, discuss, or have any thoughts whatsoever on bike parts that are either stocked in their shop or available through their suppliers.

Got that everyone? New policy. Offenders will receive one warning and then be banned.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
binary visions said:
Okay, from now on guys, you are not allowed to have any opinions on any products you are affiliated with.

That means that all the various shop people or bike manufacturer affiliates on here are no longer allowed to review, discuss, or have any thoughts whatsoever on bike parts that are either stocked in their shop or available through their suppliers.

Got that everyone? New policy. Offenders will receive one warning and then be banned.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
binary visions said:

You are being far too lenient.

1) NO WARNINGS

2) STEALTH BANNING is Just the Beginning.

3) Within 24 hrs a MOD will come to your home and key the shyt out of your car/truck/van/SUV.

4) Within 48 hrs a MOD/Hacker will have all your credit cards reported stolen.

5) By the end of the week, all your pets will have disappeared and if you have any children, they will suddenly be listening to Emo on their 'free' iPod Shuffles and suffer bed-wetting trauma because of it.

6) Plus, a very sarcastic 'ninja-monkey' will come around on Tuesday to slap you around for a good five minutes.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
binary visions said:

Oh man! I'm so sorry guys, this is totally my fault! I've totally f'd up our first amendment rights on RideMonkey! No more grey-spam!!! Don't hate me, hate BV.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nobody said:
You are being far too lenient.
That's interesting. Did you receive a draft copy of the new policy from the head monkey? I haven't seen it yet, but the new business cards he issued to me say:

binary visions
Mod/Hacker/Sarcastic Ninja-Monkey
www.ridemonkey.com

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
binary visions said:
That's interesting. Did you receive a draft copy of the new policy from the head monkey? I haven't seen it yet, but the new business cards he issued to me say:

binary visions
Mod/Hacker/Sarcastic Ninja-Monkey
www.ridemonkey.com
Nice! I'll take 20.

plus, sarcasm just makes everything just that much more painful!

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Mike B. said:
Why would you be concerned? The steel bolts are only grade 8.8 anyway which has the same shear strength as normal titanium fasteners. Add to the fact that the post mount to IS adapter bolts are acting only in tension, not shear.

It's not like I suggested aluminum bolts like we do for the pros, which by the way work fine as well. I just wouldn't recommend them to your average rider.
My girlfriends Hayes with the carbon blades came with Ti mounting bolts. The rotor bolts might have been too?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Tame Ape said:

Hey Nutlick, I also sell Chris King, Hayes, Avid, Magura, Shamano, Mavic, e 13 as well as many, many other products. I happen to love Hope products. i'm not trying to spam anyone. Read my sig my friend. It has just been a comment I've used for years, it has nothing to do with me selling the stuff.