Quantcast

Hey BV ! did you invent this ??

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Classic, MIT scientist invents something to replace eyes and common sense.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I dunno. I'm still waiting for my Bell X-Ray to arrive...

Kinda nifty I guess, but the whole "vitual world" with the GPS thing seems slightly hokey...

I like the scrabble machine though. That's neat.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Haha, those MIT guys are funny. You heard about the alarm clock that goes off, then scurries off the nightstand and hides somewhere to force you to get up and look for it?

I mean, why actually develop some self-discipline when you can make a machine do it for you?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
About the alarm clock that goes off, then scurries off the nightstand and hides somewhere to force you to get up and look for it?
I had an alarm clock in College that my swim team bought for me (I was always late for 5:00 AM practice). Anyway, it was a ball and to hit the snooze you had to chuck it at the wall. Then it would go off again and you had to get up and get it, thus getting you out of bed.

I threw it out the open window by accident trying to hit the snooze one day and it died in the 4 story fall from my dorm room :(

"What can it do? It can play music or audio books, with hook-ups for an iPod or tape cassette. It can record speech through built-in microphones, and GPS (Global Positioning System) warns the wearer of hazards on a given route. It also can detect important sounds like a fire siren to mute music when necessary. It has a Motorola cell phone with Bluetooth installed so a bicyclist can talk on the phone, hands-free."

If you need all that, maybe cycling isn't your thing.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Haha, those MIT guys are funny. You heard about the alarm clock that goes off, then scurries off the nightstand and hides somewhere to force you to get up and look for it?

I mean, why actually develop some self-discipline when you can make a machine do it for you?
Can they make an alarm clock that when you hit snooze it gets up and attacks the household cat?

'Cause that would get me out of bed....