Quantcast

Hey Canadians..........

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
How the **** does your address system work?!

I had to mail somthing to someone in Canada today, and her street address has a comma in it. What does 107,5 mean??

And your postal codes.... have letters? Is this normal for everywhere but the US, because I have never seen that before.

And lastly, What is considered the City, Country? This girl lived in Stony Palin, Alberta, Canada. What do you put down when it says City, Country?

The post office lady and I had a long conversation about how neither of us knew how anything got anywhere in Canada

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
BigMike said:

I had to mail somthing to someone in Canada today, and her street address has a comma in it. What does 107,5 mean??

And your postal codes.... have letters? Is this normal for everywhere but the US, because I have never seen that before.

And lastly, What is considered the City, Country? This girl lived in Stony Palin, Alberta, Canada. What do you put down when it says City, Country?

The post office lady and I had a long conversation about how neither of us knew how anything got anywhere in Canada

I have no idea what the comma is about

letters in postal codes are normal, Canada uses a 6 didgit potal code that goes A1A-1A1 that is letter number letter number ect... staring with a letter ending with a number

City: Stoney plain

Province: Alberta

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's funny to see website forms that are supposed to support different countries, then have field level validation that says alpha characters are invalid input for zip codes :D

I know, I'm a software quality engineer and it's a mistake that I see way too often.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
jimmydean said:
It's funny to see website forms that are supposed to support different countries, then have field level validation that says alpha characters are invalid input for zip codes :D

I know, I'm a software quality engineer and it's a mistake that I see way too often.

I never even thought about that. How do you get stuff shipped to Canadia if you cant put letters in the zip code box? :confused:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
BigMike said:

And lastly, What is considered the City, Country? This girl lived in Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada. What do you put down when it says City, Country?

fixed!
I'd guess that the 107,5 is building 107 aptartment #5...I'd probably blame it on the french (not the France french, just the Kebeckers) ..they seem to like commas.

as for the city, country thing....how hard is that? Did you think Alberta was a city or something?

Our postal code system seems to work pretty good. You can essentially put just the postal code and house+street number, and the package will get there.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
BigMike said:
I never even thought about that. How do you get stuff shipped to Canadia if you cant put letters in the zip code box? :confused:
You email the webmaster and tell him to remove his head from his ass. But if it wasn't for stuff like that, I may not have a job. Oh wait, there's still Micro$oft :thumb:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
SilentJ said:
fixed!
I'd guess that the 107,5 is building 107 aptartment #5...I'd probably blame it on the french (not the France french, just the Kebeckers) ..they seem to like commas.

as for the city, country thing....how hard is that? Did you think Alberta was a city or something?

Our postal code system seems to work pretty good. You can essentially put just the postal code and house+street number, and the package will get there.

No, I know Alberta is not a country, but there is a Springfield in Every state in the US, but you have the clairfier of "State" If it was just Springfield, US, how the heck would you know where it is?

Thats all I was thinking about. Why doesnt it say City, Provence, Country or somthing?