Quantcast

hey computer peoples...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I just moved into a new office... now I have a window (woohoo), but no room for 5 monitors and 3 mice/keyboards. I have a windows XP Pro machine that I spend most of my time on, but I also have two windows 2000 Pro boxes that see occasional use. I want to be able to connect to and work on the two 2k boxes from my XP machine as seamlessly as possible.

It seems like remote desktop or a KVM swith are my best options. I like the software route of remote desktop better because cabling won't be an issue, but I've heard that remote desktop on a 2KPro box isn't what it could be.

Any thoughts/comments/recommendations?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
VNC with win2 vnc installed as well. That allows you to control all your systems with 1 mouse and keyboard, simply by scrolling over to them like a multiple desktop setup.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
jacksonpt said:
I just moved into a new office... now I have a window (woohoo), but no room for 5 monitors and 3 mice/keyboards. I have a windows XP Pro machine that I spend most of my time on, but I also have two windows 2000 Pro boxes that see occasional use. I want to be able to connect to and work on the two 2k boxes from my XP machine as seamlessly as possible.

It seems like remote desktop or a KVM swith are my best options. I like the software route of remote desktop better because cabling won't be an issue, but I've heard that remote desktop on a 2KPro box isn't what it could be.

Any thoughts/comments/recommendations?

IT SUCKS

Knuckle

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Thanks guys. I checked out TightVNC, it sounded good so I installed it. Looks like just what I was looking for. And best of all... it's open source which I like.