Quantcast

~~~Hey Crabjoe, Its Monday GMT~~~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Today is the day to wear the most outlandish stuff, because it is Gaudy Day. And if that doesn't work, that is OK, because it is also Mulligan Day.

Today the boss is here to cover for one of my guys that is going to be doing another job, and I can't let her onto the right of way because her safety training has expired. I don't know how she is going to take that news.

Be safe out there.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Doing a 120 mile road ride up to Cheyenne from Denver today, staying the night then heading back. I have wanted to do it since I moved here.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
top of the morning monkeys, did my first dh race at highland on pretty much a slope bike. ended up getting getting 3rd with one crash in my race run, then spend the rest of the day riding free bird and hellion. so all and all i say it was a great weekend, only down side was a hellion wreck but i think it was because i didnt yell brap loud enough going off the jump:thumb:.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I need to come back to VT in the summer next year to go back to Highland. I miss that place so much!

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Went riding with the daughter after work Friday, she lovse her new Maxxis Mobsters, I knew she would.

Did a long technical ride from home to the Baltic coast Saturday, pretty much burned up the whole day. Glad I am learning how to link up different trails to make one long ass ride to somewhere, loving Allemansrätten. Made bacon wrapped pecorino stuffed jalapenos, double baked potatoes and broiled salmon for dinner. Wife and I got drunk.......

Woke up Sunday with a small hangover. Watched some F1, rode to the store, made dinner, watched some football.

iPhone pic from the ride. Lundsjön.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning monkeys, sat on the couch all day yesterday eating fatty snack foods. It was everything I hoped it would be. The Bills lost but at least they played well. Now it's the start of another boring week of work. Hopefully I can get in a ride this week or some singletrack this weekend depending on the weather.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Doing a 120 mile road ride up to Cheyenne from Denver today, staying the night then heading back. I have wanted to do it since I moved here.
Well you picked a pretty $hite day for it! :thumb:

Yesterday I took part in the "Rockshox Experience" - SRAM is trying out a new customer "demo" program where you sign up ahead of time and show up with your bike - they put new SRAM springy bits on it and let you ride around on your home trails for a few hours. It's a brilliant program. Now I gotta figure out how to sell my Fox Float 32 and DHX-4 to offset the purchase of a new Revelation Dual-Position. :rant:

Last edited:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

I had a pretty not awesome weekend. Here is how it started: :rant:

-Friday we had a delivery of a new wall oven and range hood. Delivery window: 10-12. At 11:55 I call the company and ask, why are you guys not here yet and they said, "oh, our delivery guys are running a little behind. The new delivery time is going to be 2pm.". I let them know I already took a extra long lunch and that I need to return to work because my employer is expecting me to be there. They say sorry and that they can give me a $30 gift card. So now needing to go back to work, I need to make my wife leave early from her job to be there for the delivery. She only has a 30 min window to be there for the delivery and they assure her they will be there right at 2. 2:27 rolls around and the delivery people don't want to bring in the appliances inside because they cannot fit them through the front door (My wife is now late to get back to work). She makes them bring it around back and into the house through the screen door. Now the new oven is living in our dining room. That is fine since the install is scheduled for the next day.

-Saturday: Delivery guy shows up, opens the box to the range hood. Lets us know he cannot install it because it is damaged. Great. Opens the wall oven crate, looks at the current wall oven, takes some measurements, and says he also cannot install that for a couple reasons. 1. It wont fit. The new oven sent to us by the home warranty is the wrong size. It is too big. Terrific. 2. The cook top range and the oven are on the same breaker. Having both appliances on the same breaker could short it out and it is not to current code (back in the 50's when the house was made, this was probably legit). So now we have to have a electrician come out and run a new line into the kitchen to have the appliances on separate breakers.

Before all of this went down, I went to drop my car off at the local car stereo place in town to have a iPod adapter installed for my wife. After all of the failed install stuff, I get a call from them letting me know the install is done. I go to pick up the car and immediately realize a new dash warning light letting me know to check my driver side tail light. Sure enough 2 of 5 bulbs are burnt out. I point this out to the installer and he says "oh sorry, yeah I bumped one of the bulbs on the install and broke it, but I replaced it.". I let him know it is burnt out. While hes looking at it, the passenger tail light burns out 3 of 5 bulbs. He says "Thats weird, we will replace those too..." and they do. Dash warning goes away, and the tail lights are working fine now. So I leave. Later that night my wife and I are leaving to dinner and the warning sensor is back and a bunch of tail light bulbs are out. Awesome. I go to turn on my radar detector, oh weird, my cigarette lighter power source isn't working either now. The car stereo place is closed on Sunday and Monday.

Sorry for the rant, I needed to get that out.

:banghead:

At least it is my last week of work for this company and I have a few extra days off next week before I start my new job.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That sucks dude. I had a similar issue with a grill over the summer.......tried getting a grill that was on sale, site said they had one in stock at store 1. Go to store 1, didn't have any. Guy looks in their inventory system, says store 2 has some. Drive to store 2 (WAY out of the way). Get there, they have none. Get pissed off, ask them what they actually DO have in stock, and buy a little nicer one for like $75 more (I'm just frustrated and want a damn grill at this point). Drive all the way home, open the box and see the stainless lid was crushed. FML.

Not quite on par with your oven suckiness, but just as aggravating. And as far as the iPod thing.....I refuse to let ANYONE mess with anything involving the wiring harness of my vehicles. Just asking for trouble. Hope it all gets sorted out for you man.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Ugh. That sucks man. You would think they would have called to confirm the inventory for you before sending you out to the next store...

Oh yeah, not to mention our oven has been broken for a month and that is how long this process has taken to get the replacement. Those of you with wives who enjoy cooking, just think about how pissed off your wife might be at this point.

As for the car, I thought taking it to the best / professional place in town that I have had 0 issues with in the past (4 cars I have brought there) I would be fine. Guess not. FML right now.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Oh yeah, not to mention our oven has been broken for a month and that is how long this process has taken to get the replacement. Those of you with wives who enjoy cooking, just think about how pissed off your wife might be at this point.
I guess the silver lining is that there should be no expense out of your pocket for all this, right? I saw you mentioned it was some type of warranty replacement. Although I'm sure the CB/wiring work will cost you.

JayBear

Monkey
Morning Monkeys... Beautiful Misty morning here in the NW.
Nothing to do today but Trail ride with the dog called Otis.
Followed by Black Butte Porter and some scooby snacks.

Make it a fun day out there, wherever you may be..

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning All.

So what do you say about your father?

I went to pick up my son from work last night and I met Nate, a regular at the bar who skates and is friends with my son. Nate is only a few years younger than me and was blown away that I was B-mans dad.

"Man, you are like a regular dude and stuff. My dad is a Vietnam vet who's kinda racists."

Yes, Nate was well drunk, as was everyone else seeing how it was 2 hours PAST last call and they were still serving a chosen few. But it was just the most random comment to have someone say. I guess it's nice to know I am considered a "regular dude" but damn.

Brandon is 24, but most of the people he works with are 30's to 40's, the owner is 48. They said he has commented that he likes hanging out with them because they are his parents age, but I guess they didn't take him seriously. :rofl:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Morning All.

So what do you say about your father?

I went to pick up my son from work last night and I met Nate, a regular at the bar who skates and is friends with my son. Nate is only a few years younger than me and was blown away that I was B-mans dad.

"Man, you are like a regular dude and stuff. My dad is a Vietnam vet who's kinda racists."

Yes, Nate was well drunk, as was everyone else seeing how it was 2 hours PAST last call and they were still serving a chosen few. But it was just the most random comment to have someone say. I guess it's nice to know I am considered a "regular dude" but damn.

Brandon is 24, but most of the people he works with are 30's to 40's, the owner is 48. They said he has commented that he likes hanging out with them because they are his parents age, but I guess they didn't take him seriously. :rofl:
I tell people my old man is a BAMF and could easily knock out anyone else's dad.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Syd had a meltdown of nuclear proportions yesterday (AM) so that cancelled my ride and her trip to the pumpkin patch. That meant that Mommy got to be "mean mommy" and not let her have any fun. Oh well. I did make a delicious venison stew and cleaned my house (using child labor of course) so there's a silver lining.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Afternoon. Syd had a meltdown of nuclear proportions yesterday (AM) so that cancelled my ride and her trip to the pumpkin patch. That meant that Mommy got to be "mean mommy" and not let her have any fun. Oh well. I did make a delicious venison stew and cleaned my house (using child labor of course) so there's a silver lining.
It's almost hard for me to picture Syd being a little devil. Bummer on the ride cancellation, but at least you got some stuff done in it's place.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
That could possibly be the most boring windy drive I can think of. I can't imagine riding it will be enjoyable at all.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Made bacon wrapped pecorino stuffed jalapenos, double baked potatoes and broiled salmon for dinner. Wife and I got drunk.......

Woke up Sunday with a small hangover. Watched some F1, rode to the store, made dinner, watched some football.

All of the above rules.

I finally got my @$$ back on my BIKE! It felt awesome. Did the local trail Saturday, went to a bday party and the hubby offered to be DD, so a GREAT time was had by all. Bacon cheddar hot dog from the street vendor at 2am. Woke up Sunday to work off the hangover with hubby, a buddy, and a dog. Rode for a long time. Am sore today. Am happy today. I love my bike. :D

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
For Rizzle. I don't know about up yonder but the winds here are supposed to be almost 50mph today, from the north.
5 hours, 123.6 miles to Cheyenne, WY from Denver. Windy and cold but way too much fun. Drafting with one guy for a few hours was a life saver, but most of the way was an amazing headwind.
Get some sleep at this gorgeous motel 6 then turn around and do the same back to Denver in the morning!!!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Interesting day

Driving the rig on 104th approaching MacArthur, I come around the bend and 4 OPD cars codes flashing are blocking the road amd the officers had their guns trained on a building. One officer turned waved me back. I hung a right up a side street. Armed robbery gone bad. One shot down in the street and the cops thought they had the shooter cornered in an apartment. when I looked back down MacArthur after my detour there were at least a dozen squad cars blocking the streets and 40-50 locals standing in a gas station down the block watching the local edition of COPS.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Finally back home from Cheyenne, WY. 8hrs, 132.6 miles. 30mph gusts with a nice headwind which SUCKED.
256 miles in two days on a road bike. So much fun!!!

Now to go drink as much beer as possible. :D