2010 Maserati GranTurismo
2011 Mercedes SL63 AMG
2011 Mercedes SLS AMG
2005 Aston Martin DB9

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I still cant get over the fact that maseratti will stop using ferrari engines :(
well they are part of Fiat which owns Chrysler. did they make the announcement already? i thought it was just a rumor that they were using a TT 3.0L Pentastar V6.
i think whats more surprising is Maserati building a SUV based on the Grand Cherokee :(

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
well they are part of Fiat which owns Chrysler. did they make the announcement already? i thought it was just a rumor that they were using a TT 3.0L Pentastar V6.
i think whats more surprising is Maserati building a SUV based on the Grand Cherokee :(
Fiat will kill them like they killed Lancia :( Seriously a 3.0L maseratti? The Suv I could live with if it paid for the rest of the company and still allowed them to makes awesome cars for serial killers but who will want a maseratti when it will become an italianized bmw? Also wasnt that alfas role?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
nah, Maserati isnt going anywhere. Fiat was probably the best thing to happen to Maserati.
i agree that they should be V8's, but the TT V6 should be pretty damn powerful...and more efficient which companies think people want for their $150k+ cars :rolleyes:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
nah, Maserati isnt going anywhere. Fiat was probably the best thing to happen to Maserati.
i agree that they should be V8's, but the TT V6 should be pretty damn powerful...and more efficient which companies think people want for their $150k+ cars :rolleyes:
Power in how narrow range? Also how powerfull? Isnt TT a car 2 classes lower than the gran turismo? r8 is in the same price bracket. Also it is not only about the power but about what it means to have a ferrari engine.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Power in how narrow range? Also how powerfull? Isnt TT a car 2 classes lower than the gran turismo? r8 is in the same price bracket. Also it is not only about the power but about what it means to have a ferrari engine.
Twin turbo. Not the Audi.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I was looking for more info on the V6 going into Maseratis, and found this:

The Prancing Horse is supposedly hard at work on a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 good for 750 horsepower.
Interesting.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
all the new twin turbo performance cars have a huge range of power.
there hasnt been any talk of power, especially since nothing has been confirmed. but the stock 3L makes 305hp/268lb-ft in its highest trim. all without a turbo.

I was looking for more info on the V6 going into Maseratis, and found this:

Interesting.
yep. itll be the Enzo/FXX replacement :thumb:

back on topic. these kids should get their cars impounded and sold at auction. hell, most of them had a "N" in the window for a new driver. :think:

Last edited:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally Posted by stevew
this story was funny.

Quote:
She didn't realize that her son had baked the spiked brownies a year ago and then stashed them away.

The son admitted as much to police, and said he'd simply spaced on where he'd stowed the tray of treats.
:rofl: hahahaha
Come on...who finds brownies in their freezer that have been there for a year and then decides they're just going to just bring them into work to share with coworkers. Perhaps she was just tired of workplace goodie-snitchers and decided she'd get even, kinda like a story years back of fast-food workers who baked reefer into coppers' burgers while they sat in the drive-thru. It's just not cool to dose folks and subject them to something like this w/o their knowledge, funny though the idea may seem. Even when you're knowingly eating pot-brownies, eating is much different than toking and if you use goot chit and/or a significant quantity, the experience can be akin to a strong psilocybe ride.