Quantcast

Hey everyone, I need some input here...

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I deleted the other thread of the same topic becasue the title wasn't drawing people in I think.... Anyway click on the "my photography" link in my sig. Then, tell me if any of those pics are good enough to try and sell to people. Which one(s) is the best? Thanks.
I am getting a new digital SLR so there are more, better pics to come.
:monkey:

splat

Nam I am
well for starters the place you have them to view sucks, too much of a pain for me to go through them all.

They are Nice Pics , but there are 10 Ka zillion Amuteur photographers out there, my self included. but look at some one like Derek pearson ( search on his pics here on the Monkey ) they are just at a much higher level. that is not to say stop taking pictures and sharing , I'm still all for that

edit : here check these out , and you'll see what i mean
http://www.ridemonkey.com/mountain-bike-photos/showgallery.php/cat/518

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Don't get discouraged D. To tell you the honest truth i don't know a damn thing about photography myself. But people really like my stuff, as do i, and it's fun for me.
Now after a few years of taking pictures i don't think of myself as a photographer, more as an artist taking pictures. Some people just have a natural eye. But there are tons of great photographers out there who may or may not be artists, and have studied photography and are passionate about it. Having years and years of experience and are always working to get awesome shots.
You're young and have all the time in the world to get to that level if you so choose. It's like mt. biking, 99% of the time someone can't just jump on a bike and automatically be awesome.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Silhouetted Mountain Biker
or
In The Air

stick with the nitch bike photo's
everyone and there mother does landscapes, the secret to selling photo's is not weather they are good. But rather what makes them different from every other good photographer.

exposuremanager.com is a much better proofing company I have been using them for about 2 years now

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I agree, the site is not the best place, but right now it's just easy for me to throw them online on the site for free.
I agree that to become noticed, dont just do something normal. I take pics of whatever I see when I have a good camera with me, which will be a lot more often now. Biking shots are my favorite, although, I dont think they would be the best sellers at, for example, a local art show.
I'll just keep taking pics and post them here when I get good ones.