Quantcast

Hey Evil Guys.......

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
OK, so, I just got a DRS. I'm paranoid, and fairly incompotent.

I went to install my guide today, and after jerry rigging my square taper crank puller to work on my ISIS BB with two dimes..... I came to find my BB tool did not work. So its off to the bike shop tomorrow.

So I decided to put it all together, so all I would have to do is put it on the frame.

First question: I have a 118mm BB (I actually measured, and its 118.2 :)) and it says to use two back plates, and the shorter bolts. For some reason, the short bolts did not reach the nylon part of the nuts, so I used the longer ones. Is this OK?

Second Question: Is there only supposed to be one washer used for the whole setup? there seem to be a bunch left over, is that for ISCG mounts?

Third Question: When I spin the roller, it rubs in two parts of its rotation. I figure this is fine, but I may as well check.

Thanks guys, I cant wait to get this thing up and running!

and oh yeah, the Bash guard is a big improvement over my old Race Face one that has been beat to SH!T!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Mike - always best to just email them.

Use the longer bolts if you have to, just remember that the outer of the two plates HAS to be the one with the countersunk holes and stuff in it, so the screws and everything will be flush....

Yes - one washer, at the roller - the others are to space it out from the ISCG tabs.

If the roller's binding up, check to see if the bolt holding it is too tight and holding things up. Also check to see that you didn't over-tighten the bolt that holds the roller housing. that's my only advice for that one......

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
do not overtighten the rollerguard, and Dan is telling you all the goods.......

with two plates (for a 118) the screws that aren't threaded the whole way should work fine.

the binding thing sounds like you forgot to put the washer inbetween the plates and roller........

email e13 I think they are in the office on alot of weekends to help with this sort of thing so that people can be on there bikes ridin.