Quantcast

Hey Full Trucker!

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
What shock do you use?
Care to write moar words?
Since it is a dentist bike... nothing other than an 11.6 on there. I ran the stock shock for about a month, switched to the 11.6 and was blown away. Had one on my evil insurgent prior. I received one of the first few Cascade Yeti links from the crew and have been beyond impressed.

I bumped up to a 475 spring from 450 prior to the link so I was already in the sweet spot.

The link changes the progressiveness of the bike significantly. Prior to the link I would bottom a few times each ride if i was on the gas on our more technical trails (i.e. the 3 trails with rocks in Boise).

The bike sits a bit deeper in its travel initially, so traction is increased and the mid stroke support is excellent. The suppleness is vastly improved, chatter is gone.

I have bottomed the rear end 2x since installing the link, once on a decent sized drop that i overshot and the other is a high speed off trail booter that ends up being somewhere around 30ft in to a rough, sagebrush landing. Both times were very controlled and didn't feel nearly as violent.

Geometry changes- drops bb 7mm and slackens head angle .5 degrees. This bike already rips in the Lunch ride format but this made it more deadly. The bb drop has led to more pedal strikes for sure, thinking I might need a set of 165 Eewings to round out the kit, mostly because carbon cranks scare me after breaking a few pairs over the years and I want to drop some weight off the bike.

If i was to do it again I for sure would get the cascade link, its right up there on the performance scale with the coil swap (stock dpx2 is meh) and upgrading to lighter/ stiffer wheels.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
That just looks like it goes ON a yeti, but doesn't replace the yeti.

Not sure I see the point.
They make links for a lot of different bikes, not just yeti's. Really cool crew over there and smart folks who take good/ great bikes and make them amazing with subtle linkage tweaks.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
But it's still a yeti.....
but it’s still an outrageous rig.... I left the “tribe” years ago after my epic racing I.e. crashing horrifically career and stumbled through a few bikes but can’t imagine riding anything else..sb130LR brunch ride is dialed!