Quantcast

Hey Geck...I mean RM...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Why is there no Canadian regional forums? I just noticed this. I'm on vacation here in Canada and decided to look up what's going on and there's nothing...I know Canada is huge but maybe divide it up a bit...any thoughts??...D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I could have sworn someone said Canada was a suburb of the United States? Any truth to that?
:D

My only problem with Canada is that Canadians swear their the BEST in hockey. :rolleyes:

:think: Oh wait, that team in Texas that took Lord Stanley home a few years ago was mainly comprised of Canadians.

My bad. :o:

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
yea when the fast ferry was first here in Rochester, NY
we were just gonna call cananada North Rochester, it made the most sense.

:)

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Ridemonkey said:
I think something could be arranged. What makes sense? East Coast and West Coast? Does anyone mountain bike in the prairies? ;)
A West coast (BC/Alberta) forum, and an East coast (everybody else) forum would be a nice addition.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ridemonkey said:
I think something could be arranged. What makes sense? East Coast and West Coast? Does anyone mountain bike in the prairies? ;)
I think two Canada forums would be cool. One for English speaking Canada folk, and one for Canada speaking Canada folk. I don't know how to factor in the whole exchange rate thing though.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Ridemonkey said:
Does anyone mountain bike in the prairies? ;)
Surprisingly, theres some good XC riding around Manitoba, but I haven't seen many guys on here from the flatlands.

You could do:
-Alberta/BC/Yukon
-Flatlands (MB, SK, NT, NU, Northern ON)
-A$$hole of Canada (southern ON, Toronto ;) )
- East

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
I Are Baboon said:
One for English speaking Canada folk, and one for Canada speaking Canada folk.
Based on that statement, and according to history:

Upper Canada (Ontario) speak English
Lower Canada (Quebec) speak Canadian

That's an interesting fact to know since I can now say that I speak 3 languages instead of just French and English. :sneaky:

And yes, a division of the "North of 49" forum would be nice, but I still doubt of the usefullness of it. We already have quite a few "local" forum up here.

www.allezy.net (BTW, Deyv got an accident recently during their world tour. He was injured to the knee and will spend 4-6 weeks recovering. Send your kind words to IsaetDeyv@allezy.net)

www.dhracer.com (french speaking)
www.asilvertouch.com
www.mtbkanata.com
www.vmqca.qc.ca
www.eastsidefreeride.com
www.418riders.com

And many smaller one also. Some of them are french, some others are english speaking but you can be understood on all of them regardless of the language you speak, which is a nice touch.

*Disclaimer. I'm the webmaster of AllezY.net, moderator for DHRacer.com, webmaster for vmqca.qc.ca and do some general work for few others.

-HypNo

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Ridemonkey said:
I think something could be arranged. What makes sense? East Coast and West Coast? ;)
yeah I think that would work...or else you're going ot end up with a ton of regionals just for Canada...not unlike California ;)...D

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Like many have proposed before East Coast- West Coast is a good point to start. Please don't based the selection on the language. We all speak Mountainbike!

For Quebec riding don't forget www.allezy.net and don't be shy to post in English in the french speaking forum.

Cheers!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Deyv said:
Like many have proposed before East Coast- West Coast is a good point to start. Please don't based the selection on the language. We all speak Mountainbike!

For Quebec riding don't forget www.allezy.net and don't be shy to post in English in the french speaking forum.

Cheers!
Hey stranger! Hope you're enjoying Europe! :thumb: